The Sorting

As the swarm of first years entered the hall, curious eyes lingered upon them. The staff was mostly wizened and gray, albeit a few were younger. All of their reactions to the sorting were the same, however. They simply glanced at them. However, when a small man with a long white beard placed a stool in the center of the room with a raggedy hat on top of it everyone's eyes were immediately drawn. Excitement glittered on many faces, willing to greet their recruits. However, the group of students seemed less than thrilled. They even appeared to be terrified. Especially a group of six kids. They seemed scared of every little thing around them, constantly tugging at the black robes they wore. In another group, a group of girls was giggling and whispering amongst themselves, not worried about anything.
    "When you hear your name, come sit on the stool," the wizened old man told the group, "Agrabah, Jasmine." An Egyptian girl walked neatly up, head held high. Her eyes were dark brown and her hair was black with some sort of headband with a blue stone holding her hair back.
    The hat's rip-like mouth opened, immediately shouting, "Slytherin!" The girl smiled and walked over to the house of green, the tie around her neck now decorated with green and silver.
    "Ali, Aladdin," The wizard called and another Egyptian came up, this time male. Like the girl before him, he had black hair and dark brown eyes. However, his clothing wasn't pristine and perfect as hers. His was dimmer and dirty, showing a clear previous usage.
    "Gryffindor!" The hat shouted and the boy's face lit up without reserve, a wide grin forming on his face as he rushed to the lion's table.
    "Arrendale, Elsa!" This girl was shouter than Jasmine by a few inches. She seemed to be Jasmine's opposite in every way. She had long white-blonde hair and bright blue eyes. The only similarity seemed to be the condition of their robes, perfect and orderly.
    "Hufflepuff!" The hat shouted after a brief deliberation, causing the blonde to smile in relief.
"Atlantica, Ariel." A beautiful girl with flowing red hair and bright blue eyes hurried to the stool with a wide smile. The old wizard chuckled as he sat the hat on her head.
"Gryffindor!" The hat called and the small girl ran to the table, sitting next to Aladdin without reserve. Whispers traveled through the new students as they watched student after student be sorted.
"Beauty, Belle!" This girl was both of the previous female's opposite. They had been otherworldly beautiful but this was a quiet beauty. Long brown hair and amber brown eyes that glittered with warmth and knowledge.
"Ravenclaw!" Was the hat's immediate decision, as if it couldn't fathom the girl being anywhere else. Her smile was small, a blush dusting her cheeks as she joined the Eagles.
"Cinder, Ella!" A small blonde shuffled out of the crowd, her robes dirtied and slightly stained, similar to Aladdin's.
"Hufflepuff!" The hat didn't hesitate on naming her a badger. It was obvious by her quiet but loyal nature that she couldn't survive in the other houses but the blonde had nothing but a beaming grin on her face.
"Corona, Rapunzel!" Like the girl before, this one was a blonde with shining blue eyes. Her clothing, however, matched the perfect and clean robes of Jasmine, Ariel, and Elsa.
"Ravenclaw!" The hat shouted after deliberating between Gryffindor and the Eagles. Rapunzel, however, couldn't look happier. Her cheeks were blushed from the attention but she had a wide grin as she raced to the table cloaked in blue.
"DunBroch, Merida!" The tiny wizard shouted and a young girl with blazing red hair and green fiery eyes approached the hat, her head held high. Her shoulders were straight, determined.
"Gryffindor!" The hat shouted, even before it had touched her head. Merida grinned widely, not holding back her fierce emotions as she approached the house draped in red.
"Haddock, Hiccup!" The smallest child in the group of six stumbled away. He was short with auburn hair and bright green eyes. Curiosity sparked in them as he approached the hat. Unlike the others, the hat seemed to be taking its time as he deliberated.
"Hmm," The hat mused, before shouting, "Gryffindor!" The boy grinned and walked over to the table, shooting a wide grin at the crowd. More specifically, a blonde boy he'd befriended on the train.
"Hofferson, Astrid!" This girl also came from the group. She was easily the leader with a bold presence and bright eyes. Her blonde hair was held back in a braid as well as her hairband.
"Gryffindor!" The house shouted almost before it touched her head. The group she'd come from snickered, acknowledging that there was no house better suited for the head-strong girl.
"Ingerman, Fishlegs!" A heavy-set boy from the group approached the group. He wasn't as muscular as some of the boys from his home but it was there.
"Ravenclaw!" The house shouted, clapping erupting from the proclaimed table. The blonde blushed but his sparkling blue eyes betrayed his excitement.
"Jorgenson, Snotlout!" The boy that came up was from the same group, although he looked to be Fishleg's complete opposite. He was shorter, although taller than Hiccup, with black hair and dark brown eyes. He was muscular, almost comically so for their age. Like the girl, he appeared headstrong, but almost cockily so.
"Slytherin!" The hat called, its dull voice betraying irritation with whatever he'd seen in Snotlout's mind.
"Lidell, Alice!" This girl was short, probably the smallest girl to have been called up. She also looked to be the youngest. She was blonde hair, almost golden in color, and sapphire blue eyes. The excitement seemed to radiate from her, she looked a moment from bouncing.
"Ravenclaw!" The hat's proclamation seemed almost amused if the wiry tone had anything to say for it. Alice herself seemed some sort of amused as well.
"Mulan, Fa!" An Asian girl approached the stool, her black hair straight and brown eyes focused and glittering with curiosity.
"Gryffindor!" The hat shouted after a mere moment of sitting on the girl's head. Mulan's lips spread into a wide grin, seeming to lighten the room.
"Jack Overland-Frost!" A white-blonde-haired boy approached the stool. His robes weren't pristine or filthy, simply sprinkled with frost, causing one of the staff to roll his eyes and facepalm.
"Not amused, North?" Jack chuckled to himself as he sat down and the hat was lowered over his eyes.
"Slytherin!" The hat shouted and Jack grinned, standing up and approaching the snake's table. His blue eyes glittered with mischief with a furrowed brow, snow started to gently fall from the sky. The man Jack had called North let out a groan, letting his head fall in embarrassment. Chuckles rang down on the table, specifically from two brothers.
"Don't be too hard on his, North," The blonde grinned before her sallow-looking brother nodded, the man's dark hair falling in his eyes.
"He's just a kid," The man rumbled, "A kid who's lost everything."
"Bunny didn't give me as much trouble," North scoffed, "Neither did Tooth." The brothers just shook their heads, amber eyes glittering with amusement.
"Pocahontas, Matoaka!" A young Indian girl walked up to the stool, smiling softly as the hat was placed on her head. Even at eleven years old, the girl was beautiful with high cheekbones, almond-shaped brown eyes, and long straight black hair.
"Gryffindor!" The hat shouted and Pocahontas smiled, standing and walking gracefully to her new table. Others in the house whispered congratulations, awestruck by the girl's beauty.
"Rogers, Tiana!" A young dark-skinned girl walked out of the crowd. She was dressed in slightly dirty robes, her black hair held back but a flimsy hair tie that looked a strand from breaking.
"Gryffindor," muttered a third-year of that house, "Look at her. Maybe even Hufflepuff." His friend nodded, eyes on the girl only to widen as the hat proclaimed her house.
"Slytherin!" Tiana grinned and hurried over to the table, smiling at Jasmine.
"Rose, Aurora!" Like several of the girls, she had blonde hair and blue eyes with perfect clothes and an elegant walk. Her eyes were excited, her smile wide, and a blush stained her cheeks pink.
"Hufflepuff!" The hat droned, seeming irritated by the amount of perky first-year girls this year. The girl, however, didn't seem bothered by the hat and rushed over to her new table, giving Ella Cinder a tight hug.
"Southern, Hans!" A cocky boy with brown hair and eyes sauntered up to the stool, his lips pulled into a smirk.
The hat seemed to almost cringe away from the boy as it shouted, "Slytherin!" As Hans walked to the table, his eyes glittered as he scanned the table. He sat next to Jack, who scooted away from him. This didn't seem to deter the entitled boy, whose eyes met Tiana's, glinting with maliciousness.
"Thorston, Ruffnut!" Out of the group of six, only one remained as a male left his sister. This boy had long blonde hair and glittering blue eyes that shone with mischief. His lips were tugged into a smirk but it wasn't cruel. Just mischievous.
"Slytherin!" The hat called, its voice almost on the verge of a laugh. Ruffnut himself seemed to be ready to fall over laughing.
"Thorston, Tuffnut!" The last member of the six and an almost carbon copy of Ruffnut walked up to the stool. The only difference between the twins seemed to be that one was female and the other was male.
"Slytherin!" The hat shouted before it even touched her head, before whispering, "So predictable." Tuffnut pouted, scowling at the hat as she walked over to her new table to sit next to her brother. Her eyes were narrowed at the hat, wondering if she could prank an inanimate object. She decided, yes. Yes, she could.
"White, Snow!" The final student to be sorted was a very pale girl with shoulder-length pitch black hair and brown eyes who approached the hat, a nervous smile on her lips.
"Better be..." The hat paused, "Hufflepuff!" Snow grinned and as soon as the hat was off, she raced to her new table, excitement in her eyes.
A witch rose to her feet, a wide smile on her face as she spread her arms, "Let the feast begin!"

Feel free to request whatever you like. I'm marking this as complete because, well, it's just going to be one-shots. I'll accept Twilight, Vampire Diaries, Monster High, and most cartoons. Also, I'm high aware that Jack and Elsa had white hair but for the sake of Harry Potter just bare with me.