Prologue

"Hurry up JJ" eight year old Blair said as she ran with her friend through the woods. She jumped over broken tree branches dragging her friend behind her.

"Where are we going? I don't want to get lost!" Jayden said as he sprinted to keep up with her.

"I found a great place for us to hangout! It's the perfect spot!" Blair exclaimed as they arrived at their destination

"A tree house?"

A tree house stood in front of the kids. There was an old rope ladder connected to the tree. The tree house was falling apart itself. There were boards missing from the sides and other boards were in the process of falling off or rotting. It was definitely not a place for two young children, but it's a good thing they decided to stay.

"Yes isn't it perfect!" Blair said excitedly and went to climb up the ladder.

"That looks dangerous, you could get seriously hurt!" Jayden said with fear as he watched his friend. Blair rolled her eyes and started climbing the ladder.

She climbed higher and higher until she reached the top. She had always been the type of girl who loved adventure and nothing had really stood in her way, but nothing lasts forever. Little did she know she only had a few weeks before her life would change.

She cautiously took her first step into the tree house. The wooden board created a startling creaking noise when she took her first step, but she continued walking.

In the treehouse there was a window with tattered curtains covering parts of it. There was nothing in the room except for dust and leaves. A few floorboards were missing and it was definitely unsafe for such a young girl.

Of course Blair never saw things how they really were. This treehouse was a beautiful masterpiece in her mind. She imagined what it could be. A beautiful playhouse with books and toys, or even with just her friend, there could be endless possibilities of the fun they could have.

"JJ come up here! It's beautiful!" Blair exclaimed. Both the kids had nicknames for each other, Blair would call him JJ and Jayden would call her Bear.

"I really don't think I should, it looks scary"

"Don't be such a scaredy cat, it's exciting!"

Jayden hesitantly walked toward the ladder. He decided to climb up despite his worries. He would do anything for his best friend.

As he made it to the top Blair helped him up into the treehouse. However he didn't seem to imagine it as she did. All he saw was how dangerous it was. The rusty nails, the missing boards, the rotting wood, but still that didn't stop him from being up there with her.

"Isn't it great! We can have so much fun up here! We could try to fix up the place, and maybe next time I can bring some toys! We're going to have so much fun here!" Blair said happily.

"I guess we could fix up the place but maybe we should ask your parents for help" Jayden replied.

" I don't think I should ask my dad, he scares me, but maybe our moms could help"

"Ok that would be a great idea, I think my mom has been busy lately though but I bet she can still help"

Both kids would tell their moms later that day, but neither would end up helping. The kids would be upset that they didn't get the help they needed, because they didn't understand the real truth as to why. They wouldn't realize until they were older.

"JJ, I love this place so much, I hope we come here everyday to play, we're gonna have such a good time!" Blair exclaimed.

And they would. They would experience good and bad memories in that treehouse. They would visit the treehouse even in storms and on holidays. Now, the tree house sits there rotting once more, but this time with memories.