S2 E1: an MBE backhand

*slap*

"OW! Marcus, what was that for?"

"That," said Marcus grimly, "was for acting like an idiot and messing around with one of my best friends."

The two footballers were at Jesse's house, what with it being an off day for both of them. Jesse was expecting for the two of them, along with the arrival of Jadon in about half an hour, to just chill. Marcus had other plans.

The lightskin rubbed the back of his head softly and glared at his best friend. "Okay, and?"

"What do you mean, 'and'?" his friend questioned. "You did, didn't you?"

The question was met with a sigh and a shaking of the head. 

"Dunno, man. I didn't mean to, you of all people should know that. It's just-"

Jesse stopped himself from speaking. To be honest, he didn't really know why he did what he did. He was fully aware of what he did, and why he did it; however, he wasn't about to admit that right now.

"It just...happened?"

The younger boy shook his head in disbelief. "Sometimes," he muttered, "I can't believe you, honestly. It didn't just 'happen'-you know that."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Jesse replied, waving it off. "And she knows too, I can tell."

Marcus gave a nod before looking confused. "Where is she anyway?" he asked. "She's not...left, has she?"

"No," Jesse sighed. "No, she's gone out with Alexis and Malia to the cinema - or something like that. Dunno, to be honest."

The truth was, Jesse had absolutely no idea where his wife was right now, basing this story off of one that had been told over 2 months ago. Anisha could have vanished off the face of the earth, and he would have no idea. 

"Well, that can't be right," his friend replied, shaking his head once more. "Malia went to Germany to visit Jude yesterday. Alexis went out with Afya and Jordyn to the cinema, or something like that. It's the only reason why me and Jadon would've left the house."

"You two are whipped."

Marcus shrugged. "No such thing," he replied, with a smile. 

***

 "When did you two break up to get back together, to break up again?"

Anisha was, in fact, at a small cafe, not far from her house. She had been joined by Zara, a good friend of hers and Trent's on and off girlfriend.

Zara shrugged and took a sip of her drink. "Dunno," she replied. "You know what he's like - thinks I'm affecting his performances when he plays shit for one game. Then he scores and realises I'm not that bad. Then when he loses, he blames it on me again. You know, the usual stuff."

Anisha shook her head. "I'm not gonna lie," she said. "I think you two are literally made for each other. But he can't be messing about with you like that, even if he is my brother."

"And the same goes for you," the other girl responded. "Jess is practically my big brother too, so I'm not going to allow him to fuck up his marriage, periodt. And speaking on that, what the hell is happening with you two?"

The older woman rolled her eyes, and took a bite out of her croissant, not giving a reply. 

"Hello?" Zara questioned again, raising an eyebrow. "Watching a reality show about your life isn't exactly the best way to find out what's going on - you know that, right?"

"Mhm."

"And you know that you can trust me with literally anything on Earth?"

"Mhm. Well, if you just know, the past couple of weeks have just been really awkward. Like, I'll walk into the kitchen or something, and he'll just stare."