Part 1

To say I hadn't been expecting it would be a lie.

It had been a few months since he had even looked in my direction, never mind touched me.

If we spoke, it was only about chores, like taking the trash out or who was caring for Pellet that week.

My mother said that every relationship went through rough patches, and that even mates need to work on their connection. I believed her at first, but then I started thinking - when was it that we last weren't in a rough patch?

I though, from that first day in chemistry class, that I would be with Sean Kavanaugh forever. He stuck with me through my degree, I stuck with him through his training. People always said that we were perfect together, and at first, I believed them - hell, I believed them for what, eight years? 

Then Charlotte died.

Then Conrad moved away permanently. 

I understood that I was allowed to react to both of those, but I couldn't. I was completely numb.

I wouldn't eat, I couldn't talk, and I didn't want to be alive.

My mom had me sent away. Sean stood by and let it happen, adding insult to injury by sending me dissolution papers while I was in the hospital.

I signed them, of course. 

They saw that as a step towards healing.

All of them thought it was a good thing - especially Him. 

Authors Note:

Yo.

I'm back. I'm very excited to write this book. If you can all forgive me for the ending of Book 1. I'll explain it all through this book, I pinkie promise!

I'm very hyped about this right now, let's see how that lasts. 

Lots of love!!!

- Aoife :) xx