008

It's been a week since I told Dad about what happened when I was younger, well, only half of it. I haven't told him about when I tried to end my life by jumping off the cliff. My thoughts have been a bit off lately. There's something I haven't been able to get out of my mind.

It's Kawaki. I can't stop thinking about him, and I can't help but wonder if he's somehow manifesting these thoughts in me. I mean, I can't lie to myself and say I don't like it when I actually enjoy having him on my mind.

The past week, the group and I have been going out to eat, training, and doing all the usual things we do to hang out. The group includes Sarada, Chocho, Boruto, Mitsuki, Inojin, Shikadai, and sometimes Iwabe, Denki, Metal Lee, and lastly, Kawaki.

When we all hang out, Kawaki is usually the one left out because, let's be honest, he's a bit awkward in social settings. Most people find him intimidating and a bit dangerous, but that's not how I see him. He's different from everyone else. He's better around me. He seems happier, more comfortable when it's just the two of us. It's like he knows something I don't, and I want to find out what it is.

It's a strange feeling, being around him. It's not that I feel weak—it's more like I feel emotionally and mentally free. Like I can let my guard down. It's hard to explain, but it's like all my senses relax when I'm with him. It feels like I'm not holding everything in, like I can be myself without any pressure or expectations.

I know this feeling isn't common for someone like me. I'm usually on edge, always expecting the worst, but with Kawaki, it's different. It's like he's a grounding force, someone who makes me feel safe even when the world feels chaotic. It's a comfort I didn't know I needed.

I walk down the stairs into the kitchen to see Mum and Sarada making breakfast and laughing together. That should be me there with Mum, not Sarada. Sarada disgusts me sometimes—how can she walk around all smiling and laughing when she knows what she did to me? Even though I care about her, I'll never forgive her for what she did to me.

As I pass the kitchen to leave the house, Mum's voice stops me. "{Y/n}! Don't leave now. Have you had anything to eat today?!" she shouts, turning slightly, causing her short pink hair to fall over her slim shoulders.

"Hn," I reply, not in the mood for conversation. I hear Mum let out an annoyed sigh at my response.

"All Uchihas speak the same, and you want to know what I call it?" she asks herself, smirking. "Uchihanese."

"Huh. What did you say?" I respond, more irritated now.

"Oh, sorry, {Y/n}. It's just that Sasuke used to act like that before he left the village," she says, whispering the last part about Dad.

Left the village? What does she mean by that? I turn back, curiosity piqued despite my irritation. I know some of Dad's history, but there's a lot that hasn't been explained to me. This is the first time I've heard about him leaving the village. What did he do? And why doesn't anyone talk about it?

"What do you mean by 'left the village'?" I ask, trying to sound casual, but there's a hint of concern in my voice.

I want to know more.

Where's Dad?

Time to annoy him.

Oh yeah. Dad hasn't left the house yet. He must still be sleeping. He enjoys being home—I can see it in his expressions. But I don't always like it here.

"Oh, sorry, Mum. Can you repeat what you said? I wasn't paying attention," Sarada says, focused on not burning the okonomiyaki.

"Oh, nothing, nothing, sweetie," Mum replies, hugging a plate to her chest. I continue walking out the door, but Mum's voice stops me cold. "Y/N UCHIHA. GET BACK HERE."