Chapter 6

.....

Heaven

.....

*Past events are written in italics*

.....

Friday came around in a flash. All week, Rachel has been looking forward to this day.

Finally, it's her date with Ross.

Ross hasn't told her anything about tonight, apart from what type of clothes to wear... smart and dressy, but he also reiterated that no matter what she wore, she'd look stunning, regardless. She's so intrigued as to where he's taking her, and has spent the entire week trying to come up with the perfect attire to wear.

They've stuck to their rule of no funny business, although it has proven to be difficult. They've shared a few short and sweet kisses, neither of them willing to give that up, but both fully on board with not going any further than that.

Ever since they both shared their feelings with one another, Rachel couldn't help but get butterflies every single time she thought of him.

Ross.

He consumed her every thought. Day and night, twenty-four seven. She's so in love, and sometimes that scares her a little. She wasn't scared of the fact that she loves Ross, because who was she kidding, they're both meant for each other, but she was scared with just how strong her feelings of love were. She's never had such deep feelings for anyone before, not even the first time she dated Ross.

This was finally happening, and she was so ready. 

After much deliberation, and a clothes explosion all over her bedroom, Rachel finally decided on a black one shouldered, ruched dress that fell just below her knees. The dress was figure hugging, accentuating her curves in all the right places. She also paired it with her favorite silver heels, and silver jewelry. Once she was dressed, she admired herself in the floor length mirror that resided in her room. She looked damn good, and she knew it. Rachel thoroughly hopes Ross loves this dress as much as she does... another reason she chose it... thinking Ross would most definitely approve. She sprays herself with a floral scented perfume, and just as she was finishing up, she heard a knock at the door. A huge smile formed on her face as she realized who it was...

It was Ross Geller... her date.

Rachel made her way over to the door, taking a deep breath. She suddenly felt nervous, but good nerves... the type of nervous that you love. After one more deep breath, she flattened her dress and opened the door.

"Hey you" She said, her eyes immediately and involuntary scanning his suit clad body, before eventually locking with his gaze

"Hey you... you look... wow, just wow" Ross reciprocates the loving smile she's giving him, also unable to help the fact that his eyes wandered all over her body

"I was hoping you'd like the dress" She said sheepishly, stepping out of the way so Ross could enter

"I absolutely love it, and I love you" Ross leans forward, giving Rachel a short, but tender kiss as he surprises her with a bouquet of white Lilies that he was hiding behind his back

"Oh honey, they're beautiful. Let me just put them in a vase and then you can take me to whatever you've planned for us tonight" Rachel goes to walk away, turning slightly to walk towards the sink, when Ross grabs her arm, pulling her into him, landing another kiss, this time more intense, on her strawberry lip balm flavored lips