𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑.

❝It was all a lie

❝It was all a lie.❞

AUTHORS NOTE —

Homophobic slurs mentioned in the beginning of this chapter, I just wanted to warn you lovely readers!

☆→★→☆→★→☆→★→☆

1985 WAS THE WORST YEAR OF KIERAN'S LIFE. He tried to ignore the horrors of the past years, and was just starting to grow more comfortable around Eddie, before Jonathan and Nancy started investigating rats willingly eating poison. Kieran never really thought much about that particular sentiment. Much less that it would turn into part of the upside down and destroy every hope Kieran had at a normal life. After the battle of Starcourt Mall, ( who was Kieran kidding, anyway, he should have known they'd never make it out of that mall without a fight ) Kieran returned more of a broken shell rather than a man. He could hardly function when Jonathan told him he was moving to California. Kieran could hardly do anything as he watched his life crumble around him, and that's precisely when he started thinking of how unfair it was for Eddie Munson.

Eddie still has a light in his eyes that Kieran wasn't going to see ruined by monsters, and the threat of death looming over his shoulders. Eddie could still be saved. The day Kieran pushed away Eddie Munson would live to be a day of regret. Kieran has witnessed heartbreak and caused it more than he'd care to admit. His history of transgressions is about a mile long with varying levels of bad, but what he was on his way to do took the cake for being the worst.

A sinking pit forms in his stomach as he approaches where Eddie lives, twisting violently with each step until he comes to a stop. He felt like he was gonna be sick. Eddie answers the door with a famous lopsided grin that Kieran can't return. Yeah, he was surely going to throw up his breakfast if his heart beat any faster. He doesn't want to do this. Eddie's carefree demeanor stared at Kieran, and he could see the beginning of confusion finally documenting in Eddie's brain. 

Eddie opens the door wider and showcases his 'kiss the chef' apron. "Did you want bacon or sausage?" He asks. His voice was trying to cling onto excitement, but it was pretty obvious how confused Eddie felt.

The guilt crashes into him like a tsunami crashing onto the shore, burrowing deeper as it makes its home inside of Kieran. He so badly wished things could be different. He tried to be different for Eddie, and he failed. Kieran is fucked up. There's no other way to describe how awful he has been in his life, and Kieran can't help but think he deserves this pain. He doesn't deserve someone like Eddie. Eddie deserves better, and this is how he can give it to him. Kieran pushes past him and crosses his arms once he reaches the living room. It would be selfish to deprive Eddie of a good life. He tries to remind himself of this, but no matter what, his thoughts wouldn't stop wishing things could be different. If he had been a better person in his lifetime then maybe he wouldn't have to break Eddie's heart. Maybe he wouldn't be a plague with tainted hands.