Our Own Kind of Relationship

Hi, guys. I'm back with a Hakuryuu self-insert one-shot, which turned out to be a bit too long (11k). Hope you like it!

···

"You say love's a fragile thing made of glass

But I think your heart is a muscle"

~Your Heart Is a Muscle, Carly Rae Jepsen

···

Here I was, standing outside the entrance of Teikoku. I was completely lost. Where was I supposed to go? God, this was so pathetic.

"Why are you standing there like a loser?"

I turned around and saw Fudou smirking with amusement. What a jerk.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I rolled my eyes at him. "You said you'd give me directions over text messages."

"Did I, now?"

I crossed my arms and sent him a death glare. "Yes, Fudou. You did." I showed him my phone with his texts as receipts.

"Oh, I guess I did."

"I hate you. I've been lost for half an hour. And because you said this was some secret project at some secret spot in school, I couldn't ask anyone."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Sure you are. Will you lead the way, or are you lost as well?"

"You're grumpy as ever."

I glared at him, but all I got in return was a scoff. He started walking towards the entrance, so I followed him.

Fudou could really get on my nerves, but deep down I was very fond of him. He's been our neighbour for as long as I can remember, so he's grown on me throughout the years. He's always cared about me, although he's never shown it. Likewise, I also care about him. I'd go as far as saying he's the closest thing I have to a brother, but I'll never tell him. I mean, for the sake of the Universe and my sanity, he shall never know.

···

Once we'd reached the football facillities, I'd gone into the changing rooms try on my new uniform. I wasn't displeased with it, but I'd seen manager uniforms from other teams, and this one could look way better. Especially when it came to the colour palette. I guess it was related to the team Fudou would be training, but he hadn't told me anything about it. He'd been very secretive about it, yet that didn't stop me from signing up for the job when offered it to me.

I started sorting out the equipment and making all the needed preparations. From filling up water bottles, to assorting sanitary products for a first aid kit.

"Hey, it's nearly time to welcome them. You done?" I turned around and saw Fudou.

"Yeah. Coming." I wiped a bead of sweat off my left temple.

"You're sweaty. You should get cleaned up. Remember the first day of training is like an official ceremony" he complained.

I scrunched my nose up. "You're so dramatic."

"Whatever."

I turned away and went straight to the restroom. I knew how important this was for him. That was the only reason I'd humor him this time. But he better not get too whiny about everything.

I returned to the football pitch and stood near the bench, next to Fudou, who scanned me up and down, and smirked in satisfaction.

"Much better."