Chapter 3: The Shipping Period

Erwin's POV

Today was Saturday, and the campers that are here for the week-long program would leave tomorrow afternoon. To celebrate, we decided to host a lake party. Wake everyone up before sunrise and jump into the icy cold waters as a wake-up call. The last surprise. 

But after that wake-up call, we would have breakfast and it's a free day for everyone. But most people would want to spend their days at the lake and eat sandwiches.

"Always a nice day, isn't it, Erwin?" Abigail sits next to me in her swimsuit, dripping with lake water. "How's Levi coming along? Learning a lot?"

"Relearning his manners, that's what." I chuckle. "Abigail, can I ask you a question?"

"What's up?"

"I know this is my second year being a counselor here, and I attended this camp for 3 years as a camper, I've realized something that counselors do somewhat intentionally."

"Which is...?"

"I hear that counselors would ship two people together. Have that... camp love."

Abigail smiled brightly, "How did you know that?"

"Because I think a counselor was setting me up with a girl named Marie 3 years ago. I mean, that method worked a bit until we broke up last year. Is it true that you guys do such a thing?"

"We do. Usually, it's with people that we don't ever expect them to get together. Why? Do you have someone in mind?

I nod my head, "Remember last week? With your camper,  Hanji, and Levi, I was thinking of them making up. They have been avoiding each other lately. And besides, I don't think Hanji has fully apologized to Levi."

"What makes you say that?"

"I know Levi. He doesn't want to get involved in things that get him socialized or his heart gets hurt. He's just like that. Years of knowing him to have their perks. So, why not make the two people who dislike each other into lovers? Or something to make him feel better."

"I thought he said it was your fault that he's miserable. A few days ago, I asked him why he didn't like interacting with the campers that you and he take care of. He said he didn't like kids. He also said that you convinced him to be a counselor for this summer."

"He wasn't going to do anything else this summer. Might as well have some fun outdoors."

Abigail chuckles softly, nodding her head. "I guess so. These campgrounds have a bit of magic to them. Some love magic. So, spread the word to the other counselors?"

I nod my head, smirking. The thought of it was bringing a huge smile to my face. He just needs a bit of love. "Please do, Abigail."

"It's not going to be easy."

"Well, we can try."

"Either you're being a good friend to him or a bad friend. You could be a good friend by helping him get a girlfriend at this camp. Or you could be humiliating him. It's difficult to tell..." Abigail chuckles, "Alright then. But when the time comes, you need to be the one to tell him that we were behind it all. Doesn't matter if he is with or without her in the future, you need to tell him the truth."

"I plan to on my deathbed."

"How cruel."