Part 2

When James returned to the common room he was met with an overwhelming image. It was his friends by the fire, Mary and her friends with their arms cross next to her.

She herself had her hands on her hips, looking annoyed and Sirius looked borderline murderous. They usually got along fine but Sirius had a bright red hand mark on his face.

Oh no.

" Where the hell were you? Who runs off in the middle of an argument?" Mary snapped and Sirius rolled his eyes.

" Probably an injured and embarrassed boyfriend with a shitty girlfriend." Sirius snapped back and she gave him a look.

" Sorry, i was in the woods."

" With who?"

James groaned and closed his eyes.

" Why do you always think theres someone else?"

" Well I cant trust you, that's for sure." She said and her friends nodded behind her as if it was also their business.

" Why? I've never done anything wrong." He said and she scoffed.

" You've proven plenty. I saw you with a boy by the lake. I always knew you'd leave me for some guy." She said and her eyes started to well.

James didn't even have time to think about the consequences of what she saw, he just wanted it over with.

" Fine. If you think i'm that untrustworthy then we should just take a break." He crossed his arms close to himself, a kind of reassurance.

Her face exploded in an array of emotions. Anger? Hurt? Both?

" Are you breaking up with me?"

" No i'm saying lets take a break."

" That's not what it sounded like." She continued and James rolled his eyes.

" Ok then fine, let's break up."

" You think you can break up with ME? Me? You do not break up with me, i break up with you." She pointed and the gesture alone felt disrespectful.

" Fine you break up with me, i dont care. I should've ended it a long time ago."

That sent the whole room into silence and Mary had the nerve to start crying.

" I can't believe you'd end it. After all we've been through."

" All we've been through? You didn't have an abusive partner." He snapped and she sniffled.

" You basically cheated on me."

" When?!" James yelled and Sirius stood up, putting a hand on his shoulder and snapping at Mary.

" Mary just leave, everyone in this room knows he's done nothing. Even you know deep down in that shallow heart of yours that he's not to blame." He said calmly but the words cut through her like glass.

" Fine." She wiped her tears aggressively and huffed.

" I don't want to see you anywhere, don't even think about showing your face here."

" In the common room?" Remus chimed in and James just sighed.

" Fine. I couldn't care less." He said and turned around, walking away.

" Where are you going?" Sirius yelled after him.

" Away from her."

———————————————————————————