Chapter 14

(In honour of it being Paris' birthday today (29th August) I am uploading for the first time in ages. Also thanks to the comment who reminded me that it's today. I feel like the duffer brothers forgetting my own characters birthday. This episode won't be a birthday episode because i plan on doing that later on because the time line isn't the same. Enjoy)

Today is my second day of private school and I'm showing up with a cut lip. I am eating lunch in the canteen being repulsed by a sandwich with nothing but plastic cheese, whilst sitting at the same table as some kids who are whispering in my direction. "If you have something to say, feel free to say it to my face" I snap at them making some surrounding tables turn and look at me. 

I see Xander enter the canteen and look around before his eyes meet mine, he smiles and jogs towards me. "Alexander Blackwood Hawthorne.." I smirk, "Paris Riley Grambs" he replies with the same smirk "your name sounds a lot fancier than mine" I groan. "That's why I go by Xander.. too fancy" he winks. He puts his hand out and bows slightly, I take his hand, he pulls me to his feet making me giggle a little. He escorts me out of the canteen with my arm linked in his, everyone watches as we laugh our way out of the large room. 

"Everyone has been staring and whispering more than yesterday" I say "Have you not seen the news recently?" He asks me, "We were told to stay away from the media" I frown, "Who really does as their told?" He says. I pause before removing my phone from my pocket. 

I open the news app that I haven't used since i got this phone. Amongst the top articles i find one with a photo of my own sister. I click the article and don't bother reading the article instead only looking at the photo. One taken from above with Avery and Jameson in a small fancy car looking pretty close.

My jaw tightens and my nostrils flare slightly, I have a strange unknown feeling in my stomach. A rather distasteful bitterness takes over me as I turn my phone off and throw it back in my pocket. "Looks like our siblings are getting fairly close" he smirks, i force a little smile. "Looks like it" i reply begrudgingly. 

"What happened to your lip?" He asks after a moment of painful silence. "I tripped in gym class" i lie, "today?" He asks, "yesterday" i correct. "Hmm, i never noticed until now" he dismisses. 

I decide to locate Avery and ask her about the photo. I find her in the bathroom after thoroughly searching almost every room. "Hey Pear" she smile, "Seen the news recently?" I ask angrily. "I know! It's everywhere. Even Max knows back in Connecticut." She explains. 

"So what happened?" I let the inquisitive side of me take over. "Nothing" she says, i give a sceptical look and she hesitates. I look behind me to make sure nobody is in the stalls. "Literally nothing" she justifies. "And did you want something to happen?" I ask, more for myself. My jaw tenses again as I imagine the two kissing, she stays quiet. 

"You like him" she gasps, "who?" I play dumb. "Jameson" she answers with a smirk. "I have a boyfriend" I lie. "Thought you had an argument" She asks with a smirk. "We're still together" I lie again. "Bull shit" she replies. I know I'm in deep shit when Avery swears, I haven't heard her swear in ages.

 "How about you tell me what actually went down last night" I change the topic, "How about you tell me what actually happened to your lip" she fires back. "I fell" I insist in a serious tone. "He hit you" she snaps. 

My lip quivers and my voice shakes as I reply "I. Fell!". She pulls me into a hug and squeezes me, "He cheated with Jay" I reply shakily as I try to convince myself and her that i am fine.

"Do you want me to send assassins to both of their houses and kill them?" She jokes making me let out a small laugh. "You think I'm joking?" She smirks.

I watch in disbelief as my boyfriend- ex boyfriend, is speaking on the news about me. "I mean don't get me wrong.. she a nice girl and all.. but there's always been something off about her and her sisters. I got the sense Avery never liked me too well.. She would always talk to Paris about me, telling her I was a bad person. Now i was nothing but a respectful gentlemen who treated her like a queen. And what did Paris do? Well... I recently found out she cheated on me with that Hawthorne boy.. James or something. I obviously broke things off calmly but when we broke up.. she was quite aggressive about things. When I found out, we were in the middle of having relations.. I mean sexual ones, -I mean we often were- but then she got some texts this time in particular. I politely told her I would silence her phone and.. she started yelling these horrible things at me. When i looked at the screen i saw sex texts between the two. At first i was confused and asked who it was, still staying calm. She told me and then screamed at me to get out of her room so I collected my suitcase and left as quick as i could. And now i see the boy getting cosy with Avery.. I mean that family. God I just feel bad for the Hawthornes honestly. They had so much and those girls took everything and now two of them are manipulating the poor James boy.." he speaks into a microphone at what looks like an airport. 

"What the fuck" I fume. I am in the Hawthorne house now, pacing back and forth with Libby's phone clutched in my hand. She told me that there was an interview with 'the ex boyfriend of Hawthorne heiresses sister' I'm not even a person anymore, just Avery's sister. 

Libby just left the room to have a 'word' with Alisa. I am too engrossed in my thoughts to notice a presence in the doorway.

"So you've seen the interview then" Jameson Hawthorne speaks behind me. I jump around to see him leaning on the doorway. "Yes I've seen the fucking interview!" I snap in a high child like voice. 

He sighs "it'll blow over. In about two days people will have moved on to a new drama and we won't be the big celebrity hookup anymore." He smirks, "I never even thought about that part! People will think we're a thing!" I say. We most definitely are NOT... not yet anyway... I'm kidding!.. I think I'm kidding?

"What would be wrong with that Mystery girl's little sister?" He stops leaning on the door and moves towards me. 

"Don't get too close.. i might manipulate you with my evil Gramb ways.." i smirk back. "And what a shame that would be" he walks closer until we are barely a foot apart. He places a hair behind my ear and smirks "The things you do to me Paris" he whispers into my ear. He used my actual name. I look up to his beautiful green eyes, they stare down into me sending chills through my body. He places a hand on the small of my back and leans his head to my level.

Our lips almost touch but we hear a cough from the doorway. I quickly turn to find Nash smirking in the doorway. "Is there a problem" Jameson asks angrily. "Actually yes. Your sister" he says. "Christ. What's she done this time?" I sigh. "I'm afraid it's nothing she has caused. Her ex boyfriend is standing at the gates" he says. I groan and walk passed him making my way to the front of Hawthorne house where I assume everyone is. Both boys follow close behind me as I storm down the large staircase.

(Hi, I'm sorry this chapter took so long to come out. I wrote this whole thing today. I started at 1pm and I'm finishing now at 6:34pm because a lot has happened. I basically had a mental breakdown doing math homework that is for tommorow because i realised I'm too dumb for the work 🤪 but I'm also sick with what i think is the flu and my friend had an episode. Happy birthday Paris also... 1 MORE DAY!!! Can't wait to read final gambit!)