1. The rest of my Life

why375 and vintagechasoxx requested more Ned Stark and I am happy to deliver!

++

Ned kissed Everly awake and she smiled leaning into him.

'You know you shouldn't stay...' she whispered but snuggled in closer.

'I know but I love you.' Ned told her.

'I love you.'  Everly told him 'but we can never be.'

'I know. But I don't care.' Ned told her confidently.

While fighting in Robert's rebellion Ned Stark met a woman that captivated him like no other. His marriage to Catelyn Tully was one of duty not desire but Everly, it was love at first sight.

When Everly fell pregnant she was nervous to tell Ned. He was married and what they were doing was scandalous. But she loved him, she loved him so much but this could never work, never. He was going to leave back to Winterfell once this bloody rebellion was over and she would never see him again but the war raged on and Ned kept coming back to her. made her feel loved, protected and safe.

Everly couldn't hide it from him, her stomach was growing and it was clear it was not weight gain.

'Everly?' Ned questioned running a hand over the slight baby bump on her stomach.

'I'm pregnant Ned.' She whispered into him and his eyes drifted from her stomach up her chest to her eyes. 'It's yours, there is no one else.' She assured. 'but I understand if you don't want anything to do with the child-' but Ned silenced her with a kiss.

'A baby!" he said happily and Everly felt her heart flutter. 'We are having a child!"

"Yes,' she answered breathlessly.

'Thats wonderful!" Ned exclaimed rolling her onto her back he kissed her fiercely.

'Is it?" she questioned and he pulled away hovering above her.

'Are you not happy?" Ned questioned sitting up, she knelt in between his legs.

'You are married, not to me.' Everly reminded him. 'a wife and a castle to run. There is no place for me there.' Everly reminded him. 'I am excited, I'm excited that the child is yours because most people don't get to make a child out of love.'

'You could come back to winterfell, I would take care of the child and you.' Ned assured.

'A mistress, the right and honorable Ned Stark, you would ruin your reputation. I can't ask you to do that.' Everly told him.

'I don't care about my reputation I care about you. I love you.' Ned reassured her.

'Your wife will not like it.' Everly added softly.

'I don't care. She knows our marriage is political,' Ned reminded her.

'She will want children, you will need heirs.' Everly reminded him and his hand went to her stomach. 'Legitimate heirs.' She corrected.

'I could legitimize him or her.' Ned told her confidently.

'Ned-'

'When this war is over come back to winterfell with me. let me love you for the rest of our days.' Ned pleaded taking her face in his hands, staring deep into her eyes.

'I would love that, but it can't be.' Everly told him. 'at least I will always have a piece of you.' Everly remarked. But ned shook his head, that wouldn't do.

'Just think about it, this war is far from over.' Ned informed her.

'No matter what happens, know that I have only ever loved you and I will surely only love you for the rest of my life.'