Three

"How are you satisfied with just a single sandwich?" Seungmin questioned as the two ate at their table.

"How are you so fucking annoying?" Hyunjin retorted.

Seungmin sighed with an eye roll and stood from his seat. Hyunjin frowned as he watched Seungmin walk towards the food area. He ignored the brunette and continued to eat his food. Seungmin came back with an empty plate and a pair of chopsticks. He placed these in front of Hyunjin making the raven-haired raise a brow.

Seungmin sat in his seat and grabbed a portion of his food, putting them on Hyunjin's empty plate. "Eat more, you need to stay healthy."

Hyunjin huffed in annoyance, "Will you please stop acting as if you're my parents? You're not making my day any better."

"I'm acting as a friend, Hyunjin."

"We are not friends." Hyunjin hissed. "I don't need friends."

"I don't care. Eat. Don't waste food." 

Hyunjin ignored him and finished his sandwich. He stood up from his seat and left the cafeteria, leaving the food Seungmin gave him.

Seungmin sat there in silence, watching the latter walk away. 

"He's one troublesome soul."

Hyunjin proceeded with the day as if nothing happened. Letting hours pass by, not listening to class, going home, sleeping, waking up, and the same thing happens over again. He considers his life a neverending cycle. He found no meaning in it.

Classes has ended, and Hyunjin was about to leave the classroom when Seungmin called him out. "Hyunjin!"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes and continued walking as if no one called him. Seungmin followed and walk beside him, "You're going home?" Seungmin questioned, while Hyunjin continues to ignore him. "Let's walk home together!"

Hyunjin stopped in his tracks and turned to Seungmin with an annoyed expression. "The day is over, I don't have any responsibility to talk to you anymore. Go find someone else to bother. I'm so sick of your presence."

Seungmin ignored him and continued following the raven-haired. Hyunjin decided to ignore his presence instead and proceeded in his tracks.

"Oh, this is your house? It's huge."

Hyunjin did not even notice that Seungmin followed him until he got home. He was wearing his earphones the whole time that he forgot Seungmin was with him.

"Why are you still here?" Hyunjin questioned.

"I just turn out to have the same direction as you towards my apartment." Seungmin reasoned out.

Hyunjin rolled his eyes, "Whatever." He mumbled and entered their gate.

"See you tomorrow!"

He went inside their mansion and headed to his room immediately. He carelessly dropped his bag on the floor and flopped himself on the bed.

It was yet another boring day, but worse. He did not like the annoying guy he was with. He gets tired immediately when socializing. He hates it.

"Friends," Hyunjin mumbled. He scoffed, "Bullshit."

All humans are fake. Why do people bother wasting their energy on socializing?

Hyunjin never wanted to have friends. He never found people interesting, he hated them. He hated their existence, including himself.

Except for one.

"Who am I kidding?" Hyunjin mumbled. "She doesn't exist."

Hyunjin never liked people, but there was this one girl he met during his childhood. Ever since he was a child, he was always alone. His mother died when he was at an early age, and his father is always busy with work. He lacked attention.

Not until he met this one girl who would always pass by their mansion, always inviting him to play with her. This girl only appears during summer, specifically when the skies are clear. They would play outside all day, and those were the only moments that made Hyunjin smile.

He loved the heat because he knew she was coming soon. He hated rain because he knew she wouldn't come. He was always eagerly waiting for every summer to come for her to visit him—until she never did.

One day, she just disappeared and never returned. Hyunjin would ask his father to look for her, but no one ever did, like she never existed.

It came to the point where Hyunjin got depressed. He would not come out of his room nor eat anything at all. His father was alarmed by this so he got him checked up. He had symptoms of schizophrenia, but it was never confirmed.

At that specific moment, Hyunjin knew—she never existed. She's just an image he created from his loneliness.

Ever since that day, he shut himself out from everyone. He knew it was too good to be true for someone to be as real as her. Someone so precious, so kind, so understanding—someone that would ease his loneliness from this world.

"I don't even remember her name."

Hyunjin accepted that she was just an imagination. But deep inside, he wants to believe that she's real, that he is not just some crazy man.

That his short moment of happiness did happen at least once in his life.

* * * * *

:0