Chapter 4- Maybe we're soulmates

The cafe is around a seven-minute drive from Eve's house. The rumble of the car is annoying. She turns the radio on, not caring what song it is just as long as it blocks out any sound of that annoying engine. The tune is catchy. It brings a tap of her index to the steering wheel as she picks up a rhythm in her foot. Her head begins to bop from side to side when she starts to lightly sing the tune. "I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar-" she sing songs. The speed of the car and rhythm of the song sink up perfectly. "Don't you want me, baby?! Don't you want me?! ohhhh-" Eve lets out a huge smile and loud voice.

The song is still singing as she pulls up on the pavement of the cafe. At this point, she is a professional drum player, bashing invisible sticks against her steering wheel. Her eyes are closed and she's going wild, so much, her tightly held bun almost falls out. "Don't you want me?! Ohhh. Don't y-" A sudden knock on the car window startles Eve's rhythm.

Of course, it's Villanelle, seeing me act like a mental case... AGAIN!

Eve suddenly feels as if she's in the Sahara Desert, her whole face burning red. She slowly lowers the window.

"Oh my god!" Villanelle is in stitches. "Eve! Your ama- That's my favourite so-" She can't even let a sentence out with creasing over in laughter.

"Oh my god, so embarrassing." Eve folds her face in her hands, secretly chuckling in them.

"No, no it's okay! I think you're pretty good! Maybe a little bit of auto-tune is required though," says Villanelle, trying her best to hold in her inner giggle but being unsuccessful.

"I promise you-" starts Eve, lifting her head out of her hands. "I'm not always acting like a mental case." Just as they start to settle, another huge burst of laughter falls out of them.

"No, um, I like it," Villanelle gifts a comforting smile to Eve. Another moment of exchanging eyes occurs, only for a few seconds this time. Eve breaks contact when she picks up her bag, slumming it over her shoulder. She opens the door to her car and takes a large step over and onto the curb. Eve gives Villanelle a hard stare.

"So are your other friends mental cases too, or?"

Villanelle is crippling over in laughter, almost on the floor as she fumbles a little. Eve catches her by the front. Villanelle trusts her weight on Eve, it's nice. Eve loves making her laugh. The noise tingles deep and warm into Eve's spine, soothing all her senses. This new feeling is making her feel crazy and wild... but it makes her feel so alive. She loves it.

"They must be!" says Villanelle, trying to calm her wheeze. Eve's face freezes, in ore of Villanelle's features. Of course, she had noticed her high cheekbones, glossy eyes and full lips before. But she had never noticed her smile, nor had she ever felt it. Villanelle's top teeth came over her bottom ones, shadowing them. Top lip tucked thin under her white, glistening teeth, creating the most cosiest feeling Eve has ever felt. She isn't aware of anything but Villanelle's smile. Her heart is beating a tuneful rhythm.

Eve! Eve!

Her ears are listening but her brain isn't.

"Eve! Eve!"

She is quickly broken out of her daydream when Villanelle snaps a finger in front of her eyes. "You okay? You blacked out for like a full five seconds." Villanelle puts a concerned palm on Eve's shoulder, tilting her head down to her face.

"Oh, um, yeah sorry," Eve shrugs it off with a soft smile.

"C'mon, I can see you shivering. Let's get inside; no matter storm, sun or hurricane, it's always warm in here." Villanelle strokes her hand off Eve's shoulder and walks towards the cafe entrance. Eve forms goosebumps. No, not because it's cold but because Villanelle is taking notes. She is taking notes of how Eve looks or might be feeling but most importantly, she actually cares. Niko would never care if she is cold, he would tell her to deal with it. But no, Villanelle is different. A thought strikes Eve's mind.