𝟏 「𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 」 𝟗

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍, the three teens and Damon tried their best to engage in a conversation.

Most of which was being led on by Caroline and Seraphina, who sat beside Stefan with her legs slung over his thigh.

The teen lightly caressed her thigh, his thumb coming up and down to stroke her thigh, his other arm around her back as his hand laid within hers as she mindlessly played with his fingers.

"I cannot believe that Mr. Tanner let you on the team," Caroline spoke in a slightly cheerful voice, her words gaining an amused smile from the others in the room. "Tyler must be seething, but good for you, go for it."

"That's what I always tell him," Damon suddenly spoke up as he only looked Stefan in the eye, although Stefan only glared back. "you have to engage, you can't just sit there and wait for life to come to you, you have to go get it."

Hearing this, Seraphina gave a light smile at Damon's words, she wished she had an older sibling to encourage her the way Damon did for Stefan.

But when she looked at Stefan's face, she couldn't help but note the scowl that he was using to look at Damon with.

Causing her to lightly grab a hold of his jaw, pulling him to look her way with a small smile on her face.

As he finally looked at her with a questioning gaze, she only gave him an exaggerated wink, causing him to chuckle before laying a light kiss on the crown of her head.

"Yeah, Elena wasn't so lucky today," Caroline suddenly said redrawing Stefan and Seraphina's attention, and causing Elena to frown. "it's only because you missed summer camp, God, I don't how you're ever going to learn the routines."

"I'll work with her, she'll get it." Bonnie insisted as she leaned over toward Elena, before throwing a glance toward Seraphina.

Who simply looked the other way, with the way Elena had been treating her in the last few days, she'd be damned if she helped her even at all.

"I guess we can just put her in the back." Seraphina said nonchalantly as she noticed Bonnie not looking away from her with a determined gaze.

"You know, you don't seem like the cheerleader type, Elena." Damon spoke as he kept his eyes on Elena, the girl giving him a small smile in return.

"Oh, it's just 'cause her parents died," Caroline said with a smile still on her face, causing Seraphina to look at her wide-eyed. "yeah, I mean, she's just totally going through a blah phase, she used to be way more fun"

Caroline continued to speak until she noticed the tense atmosphere, everyone's eyes were on her in complete shock, except Damon.

"And I say that with complete sensitivity." Caroline said as her smile lowered into a small frown, the girl trying to fix what she said.

"Caroline," Seraphina spoke up herself, the girl offering nothing but a blank face to her. "I love you, but shut the fuck up."

Hearing Seraphina say this, Caroline attempted to defend herself, but Seraphina only shook her head.

"No more words, just silence." She said as she looked at her closing her hand, causing Caroline to close her mouth in turn.

"I'm sorry, Seraphina, Elena, I know what it's like to lose your Father and Mother," Damon said as he tried to lower the awkwardness in the air, the man's eyes moving between Elena and Seraphina. "in fact, Stefan and I have watched almost every single person we've ever cared about die."

"We don't need to get into that right now, Damon." Stefan spoke up for the first time since his brother showed up, his hand griping Seraphina's thigh a bit harshly.

"Oh, you know what, you're right, Stef," Damon said with fake sympathy, the guy giving his brother a false frown. "I'm sorry, the last thing I wanted to do was bring her up."

Hearing the way Damon spoke, Seraphina began to understand that there was some kind of problem going on between the brothers.

The tone Damon continued to use wasn't a normal one, it seemed to be fully condescending rather than saddened.

"On to a brighter topic," Damon continued to speak, but this time his tone came out slightly joy full as he smirked at Seraphina. "Sera, I hear you're the Co-Captain of the Cheer-leading teen."

"Yeah, she was chosen becau-" Caroline tried to explain, but Seraphina made a noise before once again shutting her hand at the girl making her close her mouth again.

Seraphina paused to give Caroline a stern look before turning her head back towards Damon to explain.

"Back in 9th Grade, Caroline didn't want to be the head cheerleader since it was only our first year and she didn't know people, so she made me her glorified second in command," Seraphina explained simply as she leaned against Stefan, the girl's face blank as she gave a little shrug. "the title kind of stuck."

"Well I hear that you're great at what you do," Damon continued to say, before looking at Caroline and nudging her shoulder a bit. "in fact, Caroline why don't you give her your position."

"What?" Caroline and Seraphina asked at the same time in pure shock, Seraphina turned to look at Caroline, but Caroline only continued to look at Damon confused.

"Yeah Care-Bear, didn't you say you wanted to earlier?" Damon continued to encourage Caroline, his eyes never leaving Seraphina's as he spoke to her.

"Yea-Yeah Phina," Caroline said as she blinked a few times before turning towards Seraphina, something between a grimace and a smile on her face. "do you want to be the head-"

"No thanks, I don't have the energy for it," Seraphina cut the girl off denying the position, giving Damon a confused and wary look. "I'm better as a flyer."

"Hmm, you would be a flyer," Damon said in a weird tone of voice, his eyes squinting for a moment. "so tiny."