A half empty milk jug and a dream

You never were someone to go out of your way and talk. You wouldn't say you hated people but you were more focused on just trying to get through the day then you were on all the drama and gossip that was shared amongst others. Yeah, you had a couple of kids you were comfortable talking to in classes and one friend who tried to get you out the house and live an actual normal life any teen should be living right now but that was it, you rather hang out on you own and start on some homework or draw something or someone during lunch. You would be considered the "quiet kid" in the hierarchy of the school system, the kid that rarely spoke up, the kid that everyone knew yet didn't at the same time. You thought it was a bit cliché to say the least, yet you liked it like that.
Most of your school days were filled with lectures, class work, the loud and annoying kids who thought moaning was peak comedy, the teachers that made you wonder where in the hell did they get a teaching degree, You know, things that would be considered normal in a high school setting. Lunch was always "eventful", as in trying to fit through the cramped up hall ways and put some books in your locker and then find some peace and quiet. You never went to the cafeteria, god forbid you ever did, it was filled with all the snarky "popular" kids, ya know the ones who think they're all that when they're really not, the jocks who most of the time are making some disgusting comments on the new girl they're seeing, and the weird kids who've probably never had a conversation with a women ever and smelled like they haven't showered in months, which they probably haven't. On top of that the food, if you can even consider it, that the school served made you and most of the kids there consider if it was even edible. But if you were really honest you did wait in line for the chicken sandwiches.
Yet here you are in your usual spot, it was between two buildings, by a tree where in the heat can provide some sort of coolness, far away from most of the crowd yet close enough so that you weren't seen a suspicious by some of the school security probably looking for kids who were trying to ditch or smoke. Besides the couple of kids who would wonder to where you are with the groups and also sit there ignoring your presence, You liked the small amount of quiet time you get before returning to the hectic norm.
You always took the bus back home, filled with the usual kids who go on. Your parents worked during the time you get out, so for the most part you only really see them when they get out of the shower ready to head to bed. You always felt bad for the driver, they've probably heard some things they wish they hadn't. yet there was always one kid who always caught your eye. You've had probably one conversation with this kid max, and it was if there was homework that had to be turned in your Chemistry class. But from what you've heard he was, well something... You didn't understand what people meant until a school talent show rolled around and he "preformed", which was him singing that stupid pen, pineapple, apple song and beat boxing. And if you're honest, he's really good at beat boxing. He always has a smile on his face, eye scrunching when he smiled, Freckles adorned his face and he looked like he always had something to tell. And he wasn't afraid to talk to literally anyone.
So it should've been expected for him to one day sit next to you and try and have a conversation with you. Well if you can even call it that. It was mostly him talking about some things and you nodding along. You didn't really much to say but he seemed to appreciate the small responses.
"Hey what even is your name?"
You looked up at him, as he looked back at you waiting for an answer. About 2 weeks passed by since the first initial conversation, you became a little more open with him but still, You weren't really used to someone pressing on to have a small conversation, let alone ask for your name. Most people just point at you and some have picked up on your name when the teacher does roll call,  but you appreciated the effort.
  "Y/n" You said, you get that it was pretty dry but honestly what did he expect.
"Ok cool, I'm Felix!" He introduced himself like you didn't already know his name hearing it from people in the hallways as he walked you to your locker when he was in the same building number as you. He stuck out his hand for a hand shake, you looked down, thinking if you should take his hand or not. It would be pretty rude not to shake, so you grabbed his hand, giving it a quick shake before you put your hand back in your lap. You should be preparing to get off at your stop. You grabbed your bag right next to you and Felix got up and moved out of his seat to let you pass as normal, it became routine for the both of you by this point, smiling like he always does. You looked at him and smiled back, giving him a quick nod as a way to say goodbye.
"See you tomorrow Felix!" You said not looking to see the smile drop to a frown as he sat back down.
"Yeah sure." Felix mumbled out softly as he saw you walk of the bus.
That was the last time you saw him. You don't even know what happened, all you remember is that the next day he didn't come onto the bus, or the day after, or the day after that. You shouldn't really care but for some reason you did. It was normal to care right? But apart of you felt bitter, he could've told, no he should've told you. You didn't know what happened to him, you tried to make up a couple of scenarios, maybe he transferred out, maybe he moved away, or maybe even worse. People, Felix's so called friends moved on like it was normal. You couldn't bring yourself to ask them what happened, so you thought that it was fate. You tried to move on too but sometimes you wonder, what ever happened to Felix?

**********************************************
5 years later.....

You woke up to knocks on your apartment door. Groaning, you rolled over on your side to see the time on your phone
    8:03 am.....
       You got up, and walked to open the door, bumping into a couple of walls as well. Your apartment was small but comfortable, you couldn't believe you were able to get such a live able apartment for cheap. Of course you had to work your ass off to be able to pay rent but it was manageable. The small yet quaint living room and a small kitchen with appliances that haven't burnt out on you yet. It was peaceful to say the least. It wasn't something that had you stressed out 24/7.
           You finally reached the door, and the knocking hasn't even stopped since it started, you stretched your back out a bit before opening the door
    "Finally! Thought I was gonna break my fucking knuckles!" Your friend, Ellie, yelled as she walked passed you and plopped onto the couch.
      "Well good morning to you too, I guess." You mumbled as you closed the door and made your way towards the kitchen, the need for caffeine finally taking over you.
       "Good morning my love, there is that better?" A smile made its way on Ellie's face as she sassed back, she made her way to your fridge, sighing at the sight of energy drinks and the lack of food that was present.
      "Have you even gone grocery shopping cause Mate...What is all this?" Ellie gestured to the fridge, what she wished she could pull out was a carton of eggs and some butter. She could only find a bag of bagels and a half empty jug of milk. She looked back at you to see what amazing excuse you had for the inexcusable lack of basically anything that was in the fridge.
     "You know I rarely eat in the morning, besides there's nothing wrong with the things I have in there." You sighed, you hated how she always criticized your eating habits. You know it comes from a place of love but god, it's gotten to the point where it's the same lecture every time she comes over.
     "Yeah well apparently you don't eat at all, look your so skinny Y/N! This seriously isn't healthy for you at all!" She reached over to have touch your torso. You jumped back and grabbed her wrist.
      "Ellie stop!" You yelled, it was way to early for this. You sighed preparing yourself for one of Ellie's lectures.
      "I'm sorry! I just...." She looked down at her shoes, you knew she cared and you knew she got worried about you easily, but sometimes it became a bit too much for you.
       "I know your worried but I'm fine, ok? I promise I'll actually start eating healthy, Hell I'll actually keep the fridge stocked up so I can actually eat." You reassured. She looked at you, probably not believing anything you said, but she smiled nonetheless. Well let's see how long you keep that promise.
        You walked over to the coffee pot and poured the hot liquid into two mugs. Going over to the fridge and grabbing a half empty jug of milk, ok maybe you should go grocery shopping soon. You passed a mug to Ellie, who hummed in reply and took a sip, face contorting at the bitter taste. She always like her drinks sweet, but you had no sugar so either she dealt with it or...
       "Y/N lets go. We're gonna go get stuff. Cause this! This is just sad." Ellie gestured to your fridge. You didn't really take a look what was really in there when she brought it up earlier. For the most part the fridge was empty. The top shelf had a couple of miscellaneous drinks, ranging from beers to caffeinated drinks. No water in sight. Besides the now basically empty milk jug, a bag of what it seems to be arugula sat there besides it, well you think it's arugula but it doesn't really matter anymore since it's now gone bad. A couple other things sat in the compartments of the fridge, soy sauce, ketchup, a jar of peanut butter that only has some of the contents left on the side, which you haven't thrown out yet since there's "still some left in there".
       "Fine but let me get ready first, or at least change into something more appropriate." You gestured to the pajama shorts and tank top you wore to sleep, thanks to the Australian heat your room gets hot easily and the thought of sleeping naked didn't feel pleasant at all.
         "Alright fine! But hurry up, I'm giving you 5 minutes max! Ellie screamed as you made your way to your room. Quickly changing into some jeans and a random graphic tee you bought a couple weeks back. You grabbed your phone and wallet, shoving them into your back pocket as you slipped on some shoes. You looked pretty good as you walked out the door.
Today was gonna be a long day.