Side Story 2: Excerpt of History + A Leisure Observation

The night was illuminated with a smoldering crimson shade. It is the signal for the arrival of a 400-ton projectile descending at Mach 50, which targets the hideout of the Fullercam syndicate while being further accelerated due to the pull of gravity. The moment it lands, the impact was powerful as it created powerful shockwaves that shook anything over tens of miles away, it decimates the island and leaves a large crater in its wake, which later filled with seawater. The shockwaves resulted in a tsunami that destroyed and sank the surrounding smaller islands with a 60-meter high tsunami.

Fortunately, aside from the main islands and other selected locations in Speiza, the majority of territories surrounding the islands that have been obliterated by orbital bombardment are vacated or with little to no inhabitants, with the exception of pirates and illegal organizations who are use them as hideouts for their activities.

For inhabitants of this world, if they saw it, they will either misunderstood it as wrath of gods or attack by an ancient dragon. However, on a different perspective, it's an everyday and common sight for earthlings who are mercilessly bombarding the spare-faring parasitic creatures from orbit. They were an unknown extraterrestrial lifeform called 'Crystal Lifeform', discovered in 2179 by the Arab Alliance Multipurpose Deep Space Exploration Ship, Cairo, as they were preparing to settle in their seventh colony at Luyten B, an exoplanet 12.2 light years away from Earth. It is one of the planets that they acquired in the Oslo agreement of 2165.

Kinetic Bombardment Darts or KBD in short, is specifically designed to burrow deep, up to 4 mile deep into the ground, to effectively route the hives of crystal lifeforms that tend to settle underground. These classes are classified from Lower Class to Very High Class. But lower class KBD commonly weigh about 5 to 25 tons and the largest was designed to weigh up to 2,000 tons, but only specialized mobile fortresses were designed to fire it. The largest shipboard KBD is mounted in the dreadnought class, typically weighing 1,000 tons. However, they are not numerous as they take too much valuable space. Only up to 10 can be loaded, excluding the plus one in the spinal mounted coil gun. However, it takes the ability of the dreadnought to fire one of its powerful guns aboard as they can't use KBD to fire at enemy ships. Even regular anti-ship darts of dreadnoughts that only weigh around 75 tons could easily surpass the punching power of the 1,000 ton KBD, which is designed specifically to hit slow-moving targets, planets, and other non-mobile celestial bodies. The 1,000 ton KBD could easily sink a cruiser class, but it's terminal velocity was too slow as all the ships in this era are abnormally agile for their size and class. Even first generation dreadnoughts commissioned in the Anno Domini Timeline of 2150 to 2170 could be formidable agile fighters in space despite their hunky size of 2,000 meter class as the armor here is almost useless, and even inexpensive corvettes and destroyers could sink expensive Heavy Cruisers/Early Dreadnoughts with main guns that could essentially be called peashooters 100 years later, and shields only began to come into fruition somewhere in the late 2240's. However, those technologies were still in the experimental stage and non-existent during the time of the commission of these behemoths. In a nutshell, aside from space carriers, cruisers, and destroyers, pure battleships have remained an obsolete piece of concept since the end of World War II, 200 years ago.

Not mentioning, since the completion of the very first multinational lunar city, Prometheus in 2079, a city on the moon with the capacity to support a population of half a million and designed to be easy to expand to a theoretically acceptable number of 10 million in the future expansion of humanity beyond the Sol system. Additionally, a year later, the very first pure warships have been built, the Arkansas cruisers, a treaty violation by the United States of America. Originally, the UN only allowed the arming of transport and merchant ships by 4 point defense guns, which were limited to 40 millimeter class auto-cannon, and was not allowed to mount guided munitions like missiles and such. The first class of pure warship, the Arkansas, violated all stipulated laws and treaties on earth. It is outfitted with 2x 100mm twin railgun turrets, 8x 40mm point defense guns, 2x 32 cell VLSs, and 8x quadruple Hercules anti-armor missiles.Though the size is small, despite all of these non-standard firepower measures, at 150 meters long, it's the most powerful human space craft in that era before the rollout of the Shanxi Class Cruiser of People's Republic of China, at 190 meters long, nearly twice the firepower and armaments, 5x twin 120mm railgun turrets, 18x point defense guns, 2x 56 cell VLS, and armed with 24 first generation heavy weight anti-ship missile Type-813.