23

Stell’s POV

I went home to Las Pinas after the talk with Paulo. I know it made more sense for me to come home to our condo since it was just next door, but I wanted to talk to Mhai ASAP. I figured I could go to their house and coax her to talk to me.

I can probably kidnap her too and her mom would never bat an eyelash. Chos. Joke lang.

I went to her house that morning, bright and early, bringing Dunkin Donuts and coffee, only to be met by disappointing news.

“She’s not here,” Tita MJ told me forlornly, eyeing the donuts and coffee that I brought.

“Huh? Ang aga pa ah,” I mused peeking at my watch. It was still 6:45am. Where could she be? It’s not like she has an office job that she had to report to. She was at home, working on her Youtube videos and teaching online.

“She’s at Gelou’s house,” Tita MJ replied.

I sighed. So she was with the girls. If I go there and ask to be alone with Mhai, Gelou will never live it down. She’d blabber to the other Se-eon members. Our old group chat was still active and I would be the subject of teasing for YEARS. I cringed at the thought of Se-eon's merciless teasing. Mhai would feel awkward, then she'd probably never go out with me.

Balik nalang po ako,” I told Mhai’s momma, resigned. I handed her the donuts and coffee. “Eto po, pang breakfast.”

“Naku, Stell. Nag-abala ka pa.”

“Ok lang po yun,” I replied. We get free donuts and coffee everytime we go to any Dunkin branch- a far cry from our early years when we had enough just to eat kwek kwek or inihaw in the street corners. Now, we can pretty much buy whatever food we like and get free food from the companies that we endorse.

Within reason, of course. We still had to watch our weight.

I quickly texted Gelou to see if Mhai was really there.

I huffed

I huffed. Gelou was making it hard for me to see Mhai.

 Gelou was making it hard for me to see Mhai