Chapter Sixteen - Christmas

Time has sure flown by with classes after Thanksgiving. Draco has laid low for a while. Molly has been staying in the form with me so she can escort me through the school. Though it is embarrassing, it is also reassuring to have her there. She is a good friend and I am lucky to have her. I have been invited to their house for Christmas. I want to go, I want to be included, but part of me is afraid. Outside of the school, people can be mean. They can attack me and not be found. Out there it's not as safe as Hogwarts. Marvel can find me. It's him I afraid of most.
"Dane, you all packed?" Molly asks as she comes in, drawing me from my thoughts.
"Almost." I tell her. "Just need to out my books in and I am all set. You still sure you want me around?"
"Of course."
"What if Bill hates me for being his daughter?"
"Bill will love you. I promise. Let's go. The children are waiting."
I close my trunk and follow her out of the dorm. We are greeted by the children standing at the fireplace.
"We are traveling by floo powder again. It's safest and quickest. Dumbledore and the ministry has approved us for this." Molly explains.
She lines us up and one by one we step into the fireplace and into a mass of green flames. I arrive at the burrows, less than ladylike, by falling on my behind in front of the family. Fred steps forward and have me a hand up. For the first time, I realized how handsome he is. He smiles and moves me away from the the fireplace so someone else can come through. The embarassment wears off as Harry and Ginny come stumbling out worse than I did. They landed on their faces. I laugh and help them up. Molly is the last one through and she smiles at all of us.
"Like last year we have someone new here this year. Though she is her own person she agreed to come here because I asked her to. She deserves a normal life outside of who her father is. She doesn't want to be like him and wants nothing to do with his name. Please respect my decision. Anyone mistreating her will deal with me." Molly says before dispersing us.
I grab,my trunk and follow Avalee up to her bedroom. She helps me set up the cot and unpack my small amount of belongings. I sit on the bed and can't help but feel bad about what I did to her.
"Avalee, can I tell you something?" I ask her.
"Sure, what is it?" She asks me as she sits next to me.
"Do you remember me at all? Anything about me? My name, my voice, anything?"
"Maybe your voice sounds familiar. Why do you ask?"
"When I first came here, you knew me. That was back when I was trying to hide who my father was. You knew me and knew my real name. I was afraid you would tell your mother I was lying so I took your memories away. I made you forget anything about me."
She remains quiet and I can't help but feel panic beginning to rise inside me. The look on her face shows shock but the shaking of her body shows anger. I brace myself for her explosion, knowing that there will be pain to follow.
"How could you? How could you do that? Those were my memories. Those belonged to me. I would never have told. I would have kept it a secret. I wouldn't have said a word about it. But you didn't give me a chance you didn't give me the chance to show you. This is crazy. Get out. Out of my room, my families home. Get out." She demands.
I feel sick as I pack my things and walk slowly out. I pass the other children on my way back to the fireplace. No one says anything as I grab a handful of powder and prepare to step into the fireplace. A hand on my shoulder stops me.
"Where are you going?" Demands Molly.
"Back to Hogwarts." I say.
"Why?" She questions.
"Because she took my memories. She tampered with them. She removed herself from my memories." Says Avalee.
"I was afraid she would out my secret. I was scared you would hate me when you found out. Which you did. I was scared of being alone in the world or worse yet, being sent to yet another follower of my father. I didn't want to loose a good thing. I wanted to feel normal. I wanted to be accepted. I didn't want to risk loosing this friendship." I explain. "You see, after my father died I was placed in Severus and Bellatrix Snapes care. They were my fathers most loyal followers. When I arrived they placed me in a room and I heard crying. We talked through the wall. Became friends. Until Severus died and I was sent to live with,Lucius. I was protecting myself."
I step into the fireplace and take off toward Hogwarts. When I arrive I head to the form and know I have messed up. I should have never done what I did. Should never have told her. I sit on my bed alone in the form, and want to cry. I probably lost the very friends I hoped to keep in the first place. I lay on the bed and slowly sip into sleep.

I wake on Christmas to someone sitting beside me. I look close and realize it's Hermione. She looks saddened. I sit up and see the Wesley family standing behind her. They each have smiles on their faces. One by one they hug me and wish me a Happy Christmas. I am pulled from my bed and taken to the common room. There are gifts under the tree. The there of them have my name on them. I open them. The first is a knitted sweater with a D on it. The second is a gold bracelet. The third is a book. I open it and see the name, Phoebe Taylor. My mothers diary.

*****
Sorry for the late update. My vacation has started and I have been busy!!!
I GOT ENGAGED! May 5, 2015. I am so excited. Can't believe that it happened.
As always COMMENT, VOTE, FAN!
Xoxo