Part 4.

The next day Charles woke up in his bed. How did he get here? The only thing he remembered is that he fell asleep on the balcony lying next to Max.

*Previous night*
"-We collected rocks with Vic, when... He looked over at Charles just to see, he fell asleep. The Monégasque was quite for a few minutes now, Max was curious if he is listening. He smiled at him, he slept so peacefully, he didn't want to wake him up. The Dutchman carefully lifted Charles and carried him to his bed, he put him down and cowered him with the sheets. Max walked out of the youngers room, switching the lights off. He hasn't noticed that someone is standing in the doorway.
-Jesus Arthur you scared me! Max laughed nervously as he put both of his hands on his chest.

-What did you do in there? The youngest Leclerc asked, pointing at his brothers room.

-We just talked, and Charles fell asleep. I think I'm also going to sleep, it's quite late. Good night Arthur! The Dutchman waved at him and walked to his room, leaving a confused and courageous Arthur by himself. "What the hell was this?" He looked at Charles door, then the way Max went, than back at the door and back at Max. He shook his head and went to sleep."

He grabbed his phone to look at the time and to text Pierre. It was 5:30, Pierre probably wasn't awake yet, so he decided to get out of the bed and to walk down to see if there is anyone awake.

It was a rainy day. Charles always loved rainy days. When he was little, he always went out in the rain with his dad and brothers. They spend their whole day jumping into puddle's and building castles out of mud. Their mother was always angry at them, cause their clothes were ruined, and that Hervé said nothing about it just laughed, laughed and laughed. Charles stopped at the middle of the staircase just to stair out of the window. He could almost see and hear his father and his laugh. Raindrops were dripping down on the window, Charles picked out one specific raindrop and watched it race with another raindrop. His raindrop reached the bottom of the window first. As always. They used to play this game with his brothers, he was the one who always won. It was his superpower, Arthur always said to him. He smiled at this memory. He misses those days, but he learned how to move on and continue his life.

-Thinking of him? Lorenzo stepped next to him. He was still in his pajama's, messy hair and his morning voice. Charles nodded, looking back at the window.

-I choose that one! Lorenzo pointed at a raindrop.

-I choose this one! The younger pointed at a raindrop next to his brother's, they watched which one hits the bottom first, and it was Charles'. He clapped his hands together and looked at Lorenzo.

-I won!

-It's really your superpower! The older said as they started laughing. Lorenzo waved with his hand at Charles to follow him. They went downstairs, made a cup of tea and sat down on the sofa. They listened to the rain hitting the roof, sipping their tea peacefully next to each other. It's crazy to think that they were playing in the mud almost 20 years ago, and now they're sitting in the living room, in a comfortable silence, drinking their tea and thinking of these memories.

-Why are you up so early? Lorenzo broke the silence.

-I couldn't sleep. I came down to see if there is anyone up, but you're the only one I guess.

-Yeah. -He continued after a long pause.- You know, I always get emotional by the rain.It's just so beautiful, and it drags something with it. Something specific felling. The weather always mesmerized me cause we're never going to be able to fully understand our world, and I think it's right as it is. We don't need to understand everything. It's okay if we don't fully understand ourselves, or our loved ones. That's why I also love ocean's. We only discovered a little part of it, the rest is still waiting for us. You Charles's remind me of the ocean. Back at the time you talked to me whenever you needed to talk to someone. I know a little part of you, but the rest is still a secret. You stopped talking to me when dad, Anthonie and Jules gone, and I don't understand why. Charles you can tell me anything! Always. I feel like something is going on inside you and I want to help, but I can't if you won't tell me what's wrong. So, now I ask you, what's wrong Charles? What's going on in your head? What are you thinking of? Lorenzo put down his mug and fidgeted with his hands looking at Charles then back at his hand, and his brother again. Charles stared at his tea in silence. He became nervous, and he felt uncomfortable whenever he needed to talk about his feelings.