The Past meets the Present

Haven was waiting to be allowed into Bella's hospital room to visit. Charlie had brought Haven and Eric to Arizona after being informed of Bella being in the hospital. Charlie not only had to deal with his oldest wife in the hospital, but also that this is the first time his ex-wife would meet his youngest daughter. Renee was now in the hospital room watching over Bella. Eric was in the waiting room watching over Haven. 

Once Charlie was informed Bella was now awake he went to inform his youngest daughter. "Haven let's go see your sister," Charlie says to her. She nods and walks up to her father. He picks her up and carries her to Bella's room. "Hey Bells you got one more visitor," Charlie informs her. Edward and Bella look up to see Charlie bringing in Haven. Haven smiles seeing that her sister is almost fully okay. 

"Bella!" Haven exclaims happily. Charlie place her down by Bella's bedside. "Are you feeling better now?" Bella blinks a few times before answers.

"Yeah Haven I'm feeling better. Are you here with your uncle?" 

"Yeah but he doesn't like hospitals. Says they smell too clean." Edward lets a small smile appear on his face in amusement. Bella just nods awkwardly in reply. Haven then turns to her father. "Is Bella coming home soon?" 

"Well bud she has to get a little more better first. Then we'll see," he informs here. "Come on let's let Bella get some rest." 

"Okay daddy," she turns to Bella, "bye Bella. Bye Eddy." Charlie then guides her out of the room.

"Charlie?" a female voice calls out. The father daughter duo turn to see a red headed woman. 

"Renee," Charlie acknowledges, "it's been a while." 

"It has," Renee agrees. "you look good." Charlie nods awkwardly not knowing what to say. That is when Renee notices Haven. "Who's this?" 

"Oh right this is my daughter Haven. Haven this is Bella's mom Renee." 

"It's nice to meet you," Haven greets. 

"Nice to meet you too," Renee says back. 

"Everything okay here Charlie?" Eric calls at out as he walks over to him. Haven jumps into her uncles arms being a little uncomfortable being around her father's ex-wife. "Renee," Eric greets noticing the redhead. 

"Eric," Renee greets back coldly. "What are you doing here?"

"Haven's my niece," he explains. He turns back to Charlie. "I'm going to take Haven out for a bit." 

"Yeah of course," Charlie agrees. Haven waves goodbye to her father as Eric carries her away. Charlie turns and sees his ex-wife's expression. "What?" 

"When Bella explained she and Haven went to the same school I expect her to be around the same age." Charlie sighs not liking the conversation. 

"I had Haven five years ago. I was dating her mother for longer." 

"So which one of Eric's sisters was it. Annaise? Carol? Lana? Sarah? Sarah has dated most of the town any way." 

"Don't start Renee. And for your information none of them. I get you and Evangeline didn't get along." 

"That's an understatement," Renee snorts. "Of course you would go for her the girl who had everything. I'm surprised you would date a Baxter considering all the rumors." 

"That's all they are rumors. I didn't expect you to be one to believe them." 

"Ah yes because all of them are good at something that makes them successful. Have you also noticed that many don't get along with each other."