one

this lovely thursday evening couldn't get any more lovelier.

"doyoung! give me back my books!" lea chased her best friend doyoung. they have been friends ever since 4th grade. time flew, and now they're in their last year of high school. nothing could separate the two of them. their personalities matched each other so well. it was like they were destined to meet each other.

"okay okay, but you have to buy me ice cream." doyoung said as he laughed. he enjoys teasing her.

"fine. let's go." she snatched her book back from doyoung and headed to the convince store close by.

-

"you look so ugly eating that ice cream." lea teased. he slowly looked up at her with a intimidating stare.

"you're scaring me. geez. i was joking." she rolled her eyes. he went back to eating his ice cream, and she just quietly chuckled.

-

it was getting close to dark, so they headed home.

"see you tomorrow lea."
"see ya"

lea walked silently in her house. her dad was drunk and passed out as usual. her mom is still in the hospital after overdosing on sleeping pills.

lea likes being with doyoung.
she likes being with him because it makes her forget everything that is happening at home, but the moment she steps back home, she realizes everything again.

it's almost like taking drugs to forget everything, but once you don't have the drugs anymore, your whole life comes crashing down. you feel alone. you realize it's just an illusion. you're life is not actually that exciting and happy.

doyoung knows everything about lea.
her problems. how her parents are. how she hates her home.
he knows her dreams.

lea walked straight to her room.

i just want to go to sleep. being home makes me feel tired.

she thought to herself.

•••1•••