Capitolo 1

Luna

Being a princess is not an easy job.

Every little girl would do anything to be in my position but what they don't know is that they have a lot of responsibilities once they are one. 

Well a real one,  not like the ones in movies of barbies dolls. 

"Bubba? You awake sis? " a knock came on my door that brought me out of my trance. 

"Yeah Bubbs. What's up? " I asked him as I turned to him. I was standing infront of my window overlooking the garden as well as the forest.

"Why are you up so late? " He asked entering the room.  I looked at my wall clock and saw that it was already 2:20 am. 

"No reason.  Just couldn't sleep. " I answered turning back to my window. 

"You know they say that if you can't sleep there's a possibility someone is thinking about you. " he said standing beside me as we both watched the moon together. 

We were both selenophiles. Meaning we both love the moon and adore it very much. 

"Maybe.  Or maybe I just had a few too many cups of coffee for today. " I admitted and turned back to my room and walked to my dresser to brush my hair.

"Of all the things that you could get addicted to,  it had to be coffee." Bubbs said laying down on my bed. 

"At least I'm not addicted to illegal stuff,  just be thankful for that Bubbs." I said which made him tilt his head in a manner saying 'I guess so. '

"So, how was the race? " I asked to change the topic. 

"Won it. Thanks for covering for me by the way. " he said walking to me taking the brush from my hand and brushing my hair. 

"We're twins, of course I do. " I said as my hands now went to a close by music box.  It was a music box that Bubbs made himself and gifted it to me last year.  It played a strange but comforting tune that brought me nostalgia for unknown reasons. 

"Bubba? What's this red mark on your shoulder? " Ciano asked.  I sighed,  no point in hiding it then. 

"It was dad and Grandma again." I said as I covered my shoulder with my long hair. 

"What did they do this time? " he asked calmly but his eyes held unmeasurable anger within them. 

"He hitted me with his cane,  I have another one just like that on my waist." I said pulling up my night shirt slightly to show him the reddish bruise on my waist. "He said it was because I came late to the meeting with his friend." I said as I pulled down my shirt hiding the bruise again.  "Grandma just watched as he did it, right in the throne room.  Infront of all of our staffs,  whom couldn't do anything. " I said as I sighed

Ciano's jaws locked together trying to contain his anger while breathing in and out through his nose.  I walked to him and reached his hand holding it in mine. 

"Hey,  it's OK.  I'm used to it by now. " I said smiling at him to which he shook his head in disagreement. 

"It doesn't matter if you're used to it or not! Just because you aren't the first born they can treat you like this Ella!" he said in frustration. I just smiled and shook my head. 

"We can't do anything Ciano. For the image of this family, please don't do anything." I said letting go of his hand and walking to my bed sitting on it.  I rested my elbows on my knees and held my head in my hands sighing. 

Ciano sighed and walked infront of me before kneeling and taking my hands in his.  "Just a little longer Bubba.  Just a few more months and I promise you, you won't have to suffer anymore.  I will make them pay and after we will leave this damn place for good." he promised as he stroked my hair and kissed my hand.