Chapter 1

You have just arrived on Planet Earth.

The remnants of war were no longer there. The dilapidated infrastructures you once saw when you left Earth were now turned into new and modern buildings. It was a sight to behold. However, despite all the improvements on Earth, you cannot help but feel sorry for the humans, for they weren't the ones walking their land freely. It was the Amantos.

"Y/n, Jii, and I will stay at the hotel. You can roam the streets if you want to," Prince Hata said.

"I don't really want to, Pops. I'll just stay in the hotel. There's really not much I want to do right now besides taking rest," you said.

"Ok, then. Hotel it is."

The whole ride to the hotel was quiet. You were looking out your window, memories of the Joui war flashing through your mind. They were sad. After some time, you felt a tear escape your eyes. You wiped it with your hand. With this, you did not only brush your tears away but your memories as well. You didn't come to Earth to once more open up the scars in your heart. You were there to relax, so that's what you will do. You turned your head away from the window and let your eyes slowly fall to sleep.

You did not notice that the car you were in just came to a stop, signaling everyone inside the vehicle that they had just arrived at their destination. Thankfully, you heard an annoyingly loud voice from your father, causing you to wake up from your nap.

Your nap only lasted for about fifteen minutes. It wasn't enough for you, so you proceeded to make your way to your hotel unit. You changed into your pajamas and went to sleep once more, but now on a comfortable bed. The ride to Earth must've made you exhausted.

However, this day proved to be against people taking a nap, for you were once again woken up by the annoyingly loud voice of your father. This time it was so loud he didn't need to be close to you in order for you to hear him. Rubbing your eyes, you looked outside your window and saw your father being frantic.

As much as you wanted to go back to sleep, the odds seemed to be against you. That is why you decided to go downstairs to see what warranted your father to act in such a frantic way instead of continuing your sleep.

When you reached the outside of the hotel, you could clearly hear what your father was shouting.

"Oh no. Pesu accidentally got out of his cage. Jii, you need to find him. I don't know what I would do if I lost him," Prince Hata said.

"You need to relax, Prince. It's just an octopus. I can find you another one if you want an octopus badly," Jii said.

"This is not just an octopus. It's the octopus I've cared for since its young days. I couldn't just let him disappear. He needs me, and I need him. He's irreplaceable. You cannot just find another purple octopus somewhere. Besides, he's like the octopus version of me because we're both purple."

"And fat," you said.

"Oh, Y/n, I didn't notice you were there. Did you say something? I wasn't able to hear it."

"Nothing, Pops."

You smiled, thinking Pesu was like your father's spitting image, as they were both purple and fat. However, that wasn't the only reason you smiled. You actually felt happy about the way your father talked about Pesu because it reminded you how much he cared about the species he takes as pets. It reminded you how much he cared for you. You were just like a pet to him, after all, a species that needed care, which he openly and whole-heatedly gave to you and every single one of your siblings.

Deep down, you knew that he would never consider you more than a pet, even if you thought of him more than an owner, yet still, you cannot help yourself but be fine with it. After all, he was the one who took care of you when your parents abandoned you. He was the only one who gave you a place to belong to, his side, and that's enough reason for you to be grateful for him. You will never be more than a pet to him, but he will always be a father to you.

Ever since you were a child, you have been calling him Pops. He didn't know the meaning of the word Pops. He thought it was just an endearment humans give to their owners, so he just allowed you to call him that. A part of you wished he would understand the meaning of the term of endearment you used for him. However, you can only hope for it to happen because he was a stupid prince. He won't mind it if he doesn't understand the word you have been saying to him since the moment he took you in.

You never want to see your father in despair, so you help find his octopus. Besides, Pesu was like a brother to you. The Prince took you in as pets around the same time, allowing you to see each other's growth, making him the sibling you are closest to. He wasn't the typical sibling a human like you would have, but he's the closest thing to it, and you wouldn't want it in any other way. You will find him and return him to your family, consisting of your father and all his other pets.

"Pops, I'll help find Pesu."

"Thank you, Y/n! I think he's somewhere in the city because Jii has looked all over the hotel, and he isn't here."

"Got it! When I come back from the city, I'll be sure to bring him back alive and well."

"Please do. By the way, I think the Chief of Immigration on Earth said that he asked for help from humans to look for Pesu, so I guess you could work with them. It's a good time for you to meet with your fellow people."

"I think I'm good. I kind of like working alone. I'm not really into humans. Well, more like they're not really into me, so I don't think they would want to work with me. Besides, I'm pretty sure their animosity towards me only grew."

"No can do. I insist."

"But Pops, I don't—"

"No buts. It will be faster if you work with them. Here's the address of the place. Go there and meet with the people who are looking for Pesu."

You sighed. The last thing you wanted to do on Earth was to work with humans, but you had no choice except to follow your father's orders because he was right. After all, Pesu might just be in great trouble if he won't be found sooner.