February 22

A/N: Just to let you guys know, this is Tom hollands spider-man but I'm going to be using Toby's spider-man for his nightmare. Please be patient if I don't get it exactly right, its been a while since I watched spider-man. and remember the nightmare scene does not belong to me, I'm just using it. Enjoy!

Peter waited outside the wrestling building, waiting for Uncle Ben to pick him up. He felt slightly satisfied that he got payback on the wrestling promoter for cheating him out of his money. He smiled to himself then noticed a crowd starting to form a little ways away. He curiously started to walk over, wondering what was going on. The back of his neck prickled in anticipation and he had the strangest feeling that he knew what had happened but he couldn't place it. Whatever had happened, though, he had a bad feeling about. He reached the crowd and pushed his way through the crowd. He got grumbles from the people he pushed but he ignored them. He reached the front and froze when he saw Uncle Ben bleeding on the ground. He pushed the rest of the way but was stopped by a police officer.
"stay back." she told him. "Hey, stay back!"
"That's my uncle!" He cried.
She let him past and he ran over to Uncle Ben.
"What happened?" He asked, crouching down.
"Carjacker." she informed him. "He got shot. The paramedics are on their way.
Peter turned to Uncle Ben. "Uncle Ben." His voice cracked.
He held Uncle Ben's hand and Uncle Ben looked at him.
"Peter." He rasped. "Peter."
His hand went slack and Peter's heart broke. Tears fell down his cheeks as he sobbed. He would have stayed there with Uncle Ben as long as he could but he got distracted by the carjacker being chased by police cars.
Suddenly, his nightmare blurred and when it cleared, he was in an abandoned building and he noticed the carjacker in front of him, begging him to let him go. He ripped the carjacker's mask off and saw the robber. He froze and he came to the realization that this was his fault. He had let him go because he was being petty and Uncle Ben had paid the price.
This was all his fault. It was always his fault.

Peter sat up in his bed, his alarm going off like crazy. He glanced at his clock and saw he had actually woken up on time.
'Might as well get to school on time.' He thought.
He hit the stop button on his alarm and dragged himself out of bed. His mind lingered on his nightmare as he got ready.
"Stop it, brain." He said aloud. "It was not my fault."
He didn't believe himself but saying it helped him be able to push it away and focus on getting ready for school. He grabbed his bag and his phone and left his apartment. Peter hummed to himself as he skipped to the subway. Today would be one of the few times he'd actually used it since he was typically late for school most days. But last night's patrol hadn't had a lot of crime activity so Peter had decided to go home earlier to get some sleep. And he finally wouldn't get another detention! He had a feeling today would be a good day. Or a better day at least. The only bad thing so far had been his nightmare.

He stopped at the crosswalk with a couple other people and waited for the light to turn green.He shoved his hands in his pockets awkwardly and looked around. Then his spidey sense tingled and his wandering gaze became more searching. He noticed a little girl, about the age of five, walking on the curb a few feet away. He couldn't see anything wrong but his spidey sense told him otherwise so he inched towards the little girl slowly. What happened next felt like it was in slow motion. Peter saw the girl's foot slip and she started falling. Peter lunged forward and pushed her back onto the sidewalk and felt himself tipping into the road. He clung to the sidewalk and heaved himself up.

"Oh my god, Hannah!" Someone, most likely the girl's mother shouted. "Thank you so much sir. Thank you!"

She helped Peter up and hugged him tightly. She let go of him and picked Hannah up, calming the child down. Peter smiled.

"No problem. I just didn't want her to get hurt." He said and turned to Hannah. "Are you okay?"

She nodded and sniffled.