Prologue

Isabel

I grin, watching as he rolls his eyes at me. "What? Your accent is cute!" I say as he groans.

"I spent years hiding my accent but every now and then it just comes back. No matter how hard I've tried, even after being in Canada for years I cant seem to get rid of it." He frowns. "I don't get how you hate it so much. It's adorable! Now shut up so I can hear my movie," Sab walks in with popcorn. "Please don't tell me you smashed while I was gone." She winces, flopping on the couch next to me.

"Why would you even assume that?" I laugh as she passes me the popcorn bowl. "Well, Ryder's blushing. That's definitely not something you see everyday." I look over at him who's hiding his face in a pillow. I pull the pillow away and look at his primarily red face, smiling to myself. "Is it because I called you cute? Hm?" I tease.

"Stop bullying me," he whines.

He goes on a rant about his accent and how he hates it. Does he forget his sister has a French accent too? "Shut up darling, we can't hear the movie." Once I say that, he goes quiet. He lays his head in my lap while I play with his hair. "If I were to say that I'd be hanging from the ceiling, how that fair!" Sab complains, stealing the popcorn from next to me.

"Because I love her, How could you not?"