Volume 12, Side Story 2

Quiet story 12-13 Two adventurers work hard to build a road from the settlement side

"Hello!"

"Hi!"

A loud greeting can be heard from the entrance of the settlement.

Eugene was absent from the Houjou Village settlement.

The one who went to deal with it was Blaise, who had been assigned as deputy village chief.

"I'm not sure what to say. What's up?"

"We were ahead of you to decide where to build the road. We've just arrived at the settlement and wanted to say hello."

The men bowed to Blaise, who came out to greet them.

There was a large man with a two-handed axe who had once tangled with Eugene at the Adventurer's Guild and been easily defeated, and an ape-man who had been working with him.

And then there were the five criminal slaves who were sent to take down the goblin and orc settlements for community service and have since been engaged in road building.

In total, there were seven men.

"Oh, we've come this far already? How is the main force doing?"

"We were ahead of them, so I don't know right now, but... at the pace we're going, I think we'd be about halfway there."

A large man with a two-handed axe answered as if he were representing the men. He is a lumberjack. Somehow, his image can be quite intimidating.

"Oh, things are going well, aren't they? So what are you guys going to do? Will you head back soon?"

"If you don't mind, we're thinking of spending the night near here before returning..."

The woodcutter seems to have become much more polite.

As punishment for his involvement with Eugene, he was offered services until the road was completed. The lumberjack's work suited him better than he thought. And the recognition of the results of his work must have changed the man from being a thug adventurer.

The lumberjack and the monkey had become much more human.

"But there are women and children, can we go outside the village?"

"Yes, that's enough! Thank you very much!"

"Thank you!"

Following the woodcutter's thanks, the other men bowed their heads. The crime slaves seem to be well educated. It's a mystery to me.

Meanwhile, Blaise was the one in charge of all of them.

As a former third level adventurer, Blaise could easily win even if all seven of these men attacked him at once.

  □ □ □ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ □ □ □

"Good work, guys. Here's some food for you."

"Thank you, Mr. Blaise!"

"Thank you very much, Sir!"

The evening of the day the seven men arrived at the settlement.

On the evening of the day the seven men arrived at the settlement, the men were sitting around a bonfire outside the fence, devouring a meager dinner when Blaise, the deputy village chief, arrived with a gift. It seems to be dried meat. It seems that the gift is dried meat, and not alcohol, which is the standard for such occasions, considering their origins.

"Well, you guys arrived before us, and we're halfway down the road. It won't take long for more people to arrive. You two will be free when the road is finished, right? What are you going to do then?"