Chapter 4

Yash was chilling with his friends when he got a notification.
"Hey Yash,Vidhi this side. When can we catch up? "
His friends peeped into his phone screen to see the conversation, and immediately burst into a chaos of boys teasing their shy friend. That is, before Yash stopped them and told them that Vidhi was his new manager. They shut up for a while, before his best friend erupted - " As if I don't know you, right? You've had female managers earlier Yash, and never have I seen you blushing so hard at just a text. Now who is Vidhi? "
He tried to hide his face in his hands, but couldn't, in front of these three guys who had known him for years...
"She IS my manager, but yeah, she's super cute. I just feel like looking at her all day. "
All the boys began hooting.
He blushed harder.
He texted her - " I'll be home in like 15 minutes. If you want, we can work in my room/studio itself. "
"Affirmative!! " She replied.
Half an hour later, Vidhi knocked at the Sharma house. Without looking up, she asked -" Hi, is this Yash Sharma's residence? I'm Vidhi, his new manager."
She looked up.
" Oh... Namaste Aunty... "
Yash's mom welcomed her inside. Yash came downstairs.
"Oh hey. You're here. My studio is upstairs by the way. We can get started as.... "
He was interrupted by the glare of his mother, who in all her motherly fashion, scolded him - " Yash, she just came in. Did you even ask her to have a seat or a glass of water? "
" It's completely fine aunty. I'm ok. Mr. Yash. I need some documents, I had already mailed you the list. Do you have them ready? "
"Yes I have them."
He let out a little sigh and turned to go upstairs again.
" And by the way, it's just Yash. This is not your office. You can relax and be normal here. " He said, while adjusting his hair for the hundredth time in the last five minutes.
Vidhi let out a little smile.
"Fine!! "
She followed him upstairs.
As soon as she entered his studio, she was greeted by lovely yellow lights, a high end PC and two chairs, with some documents neatly laid out on the desk.
"Wow. I thought you were a gamer, who likes dark rooms and RGB lights and messy rooms. This is a.... surprise, for a lack of better word. "
" I am. Just that I know how to stalk someone's Instagram to figure out their favorite color "
He said that and winked, leaving Vidhi a little too speechless.
Gaining back her composure, she cleared her throat, and said - " I see you've already done half of my work. Thanks. Looks like I can leave early today. Now can you please open your YouTube Analytics? "
He led her way, pulled chairs for both of them, she took the mouse and keyboard in her hand. They began working. Or should I say, Vidhi began blitzing her way through thousands of commands and shortcuts, while Yash rested his chin in his hands, his elbows on his lap, as he witnessed her open hair falling on her eyes and her flicking it back every now and then, and being a pro at the computer.
That is, until his gaze was interrupted by her ringtone. She looked at her phone, then at Yash, and apologetically said " I need to take this. "
Yash signalled that he had no problem, but she had already picked her call.
" Hey Bunny.
Yeah. I'll be home early. Someone got half of my work already sorted.
Yes. That does mean we can go out tonight.
Ok now don't get too excited. I'll see you soon.
Dress up well. My treat.
Bye. Love you. "
She kissed her phone screen and got back to work, smiling from ear to ear.
Well, Yash's smile had faded. Never had he been affected by two words to this extent.
" Date night? "
"Yeah, long due. Thanks to you though for making it possible. Wouldn't have been possible had you not done half of my work already. "
She wheeled back her chair to stretch.
" I think I'm done. I got my data. And I've sorted your calender and notes. I've updated your schedule for the next week and your brand contacts too. They'll now bug me, not you. "
She got up and left.
Meanwhile, the last ten minutes has taken away Yash's strength to get up and escort her outside.