Chapter 23

Levy and Sting had finally arrived at Akane Resort. She walked up with Sting to the front desk. She froze for a moment, remembering her last visit here. And the bellhop who would help them, was the same guy from last time when she came here with the twins and...Gajeel.

"Hello! And welcome to Akane Resort. My name is Eli and I'll be showing you to your room today." He smiled brightly at the two. He looks tanner then before. Levy thought.

"Thanks." Sting said and followed him to the elevators. They left the elevator and walked down a hall to their room.

"This is your room. If you need anything just let me or another worker know." Eli smiled brightly before walking away, giving Levy a slightly questioning look as he left.

"He seems....interesting." Sting murmured before entering the room.

"Yeah...interesting is one way of putting him." Levy giggled and walked in after him.

"Hey, you hear about that shooting few days ago?" Sting asked, sitting down on the couch.

"I think I heard Jet and Droy talking about it. Why?" She asked, sitting next to him.

"Well apparently they found the leader of the gang, Jose Porla. He was beaten to a pulp in a private warehouse, they still haven't found the other guys. Guy who was put in the hospital though should be released soon." Sting said.

"Did they say who was shot? And how the rest of Jose's gang was taken out?"

"Witnesses say it was two guys who took out the rest as soon as the guy was taken away to the hospital. The guy who was shot, his name hasn't been let out yet, they still don't know if there's any other members out there able to get him." He shrugged.

"Wow. Two guys took down an entire gang by themselves?" Levy thought in awe at the strength those two have. I know two guys who are strong enough. She thought sadly.

"I know." Sting said, also sounding in awe at the two. "Anyways, I was thinking we could go to dinner tonight then hang out at the beach tomorrow." He suggested.

"That sounds like a plan! I'll go get cleaned up." Levy smiled and got up to go shower and changed. Sting smiled back and turned on the small TV in the living room.

Gajeel was mute the next day after his episode. He didn't talk to anyone, didn't smile any more, he didn't even growl or scowl at anyone. He just....shut down to the world.

"Gajeel. C'mon, were leaving." Natsu yanked him to his feet.
"Where?" He asked quietly.

"Hargeon. Then Magnolia." He answered and pulled him out the room and to the train station. Gajeel sat down and looked out the window, not saying a word the entire ride. Lucy got up and pulled Natsu out with her. They balanced as best they could on a moving train and spoke quietly.

"I'm worried about Gajeel." Lucy started, swaying slightly from the rocking train.

"I am too." Natsu said, glancing at his friend, asleep against the window. "I don't know what to do. He's always been one of the strongest guys I know. Hell, when we were kids, he broke a kids finger for hitting some girl on the playground." He said, smiling fondly at the memory. "Got kicked out of the kids club for it."

"So, maybe we should just skip to Magnolia? I mean, if she's there, he'll probably go back to normal." Lucy thought.

"No, we should check Hargeon. There might be something there for us." Natsu said.

"Are you sure? He might not last that long." Lucy said.

"Yeah. He's broken now, but he'll fix himself soon enough. He just needs time." Natsu looked back over at Gajeel. "He just needs time." He repeated, quieter this time. Lucy sighed and looked at Natsu. She leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before returning to the car with Wendy and Jellal. Natsu stood there frozen for a moment before shaking his head and turning back to sit back down on when he almost ran into Gajeel.

"You ain't gotta worry about me." He said quietly. "Besides, I know you wanna just find your sister in Hargeon." He said and walked off.

"Hey, where you goin?" Natsu asked.

"Need some air." Gajeel answered over his shoulder. Natsu nodded and left him to do what he needed for a while.

Gajeel stood on the part that connected the train cars. Maybe, I should... he thought to himself, watching the ground race past.

"The fuck am I saying?!" He demanded to himself. "I WILL NOT QUIT!" He shouted at the sky, balling his fists. He sighed and looked back at the horizon. "Levy.... I'm coming for you." He said quietly, fighting the tear that threatened to fall. I'm done crying. He snapped to himself. He walked back to his car with Lucy, Natsu, Happy and Jellal.

"Figure things out?" Natsu mumbled, glancing up at him. Lucy had fallen asleep in his lap, Happy on hers.

"Yeah.... think so." Gajeel muttered and sat down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gajeel." She pulled him from his sleep. He groaned and turned away from her, still trying to sleep. She huffed and grabbed his shoulder, pulling him over to his back and sitting on his waist to keep him there.

"Shrimp!" He exclaimed and covered his face in the crook of his elbow. "One more hour!" He pleaded with her. She rolled her eyes and bent down, moving his arm and kissing him lightly, which he then deepened it.

"Now that you're awake, I'm hungry." She said.

"Then go order a pizza or something." He grumbled and closed his eyes again.

"And what? Answer it like this?" She quirked a brow at gestured to the fact that she only had one of his shirts on, which was more like a dress. "Since you basically ripped my clothes apart last night, I'll be keeping this." She informed him, crossing her arms over her chest. He smirked and shrugged.

"Didn't hear ya complainin' bout it last night." He said, smirking.

"Well, you owe me a new dress." She pouted.

"I'm sure moms got one she won't mind missin." He shrugged and placed his hands on her hips.

"I'm still hungry." She said again. He rolled his eyes and flipped them over, resting his hands on either side of her head.

"Alright. I'll go make somethin then." He grumbled, kissing her cheek and climbing out of bed, pulling on his boxers. He walked out and downstairs to the kitchen. Levy followed him, pulling on his robe along the way. She walked up behind him, hugging around his middle and burying her face in his back. He stopped what he was doing and sighed, placing his hands over hers.

"Im tired shrimp." He said suddenly.

"W-what do you mean? Of me?" She asked quietly, almost afraid to say anything.

"What?! No, not of you." He turned around and hugged her tightly, nuzzling his face in her hair. "I could never be tired of you." He said softly. "I'm tired of this. Hiding our relationship from our parents. Not being able to have you over for a normal dinner and being able to hold your hand in public. I'm just....tired." Levy sighed and tightened her grip around him.

"I know. But we can't. You know that." She said softly. "Just be happy we have each other. Here and now." She said and pulled him down for a soft kiss. He sighed and lifted her up, she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"How did I get so lucky for you?" He questioned and looked her in the eye. She giggled and shrugged, tugging lightly on his hair.

"I could ask the same." She said. Gajeel chuckled and almost dropped her, running over to the stove where the food was burning.

"SHIT!" He exclaimed, making Levy laugh loudly at her secret boyfriend.