Chapter 7

~Namjoon's POV~

Ignoring the little voice in the back of my mind, I head to Noah's house. The chill in the spring breeze feels refreshing as the car flies by the houses and shopping centers. Soon, I'm pulling up to Noah's house, there are cars everywhere and the music from the house is loud.

There are people standing outside talking, some making out. I can see a light in the backyard which means people are there too. Parking my car in a place where it has less of a chance it getting hit, I go up to the house and enter to find people dancing and going crazy. This is what I need, a few hours of doing nothing but getting a little buzzed and going crazy, responsibly of course.

Walking into the living room, I see Noah sitting on the couch that is been moved to the far wall, a group of people surrounding him. I go over to them and plop down next to Noah.

"Hey Namjoon, you made it!" He says.

I smile. "Hey, Noah."

"Where is your brother and Yoongi?"

"They couldn't make it."

"Isn't his brother coming home today?" I look up and see Elijah standing in front of us.

He is looking at me curiously, like he knows more than he let's on. Maybe I should make clear to Jungkook what he can and can't tell the people he hangs out with. Elijah and him aren't the best of friends but they do hang out on occasion.

"Yeah, that is the reason they couldn't come." Elijah must see something on my face because he doesn't say anything just nods before sitting on the other side of Noah.

"You should go get a drink, my man." Noah says.

I nod. "I think I will, I'll see you guys later." I get up and heads over to the kitchen where the drinks are.

It's a mess in here, there are red plastic cups littering all the countertops as well as random food. I shake my head before opening the fridge and pulling out a can of beer.

"Hey, your here!" I hear a voice say behind me, I turn around and see Emma standing there, looking pleased to see me.

"Hey, Em."

"I'm so glad you came! You wanna dance?"

I open my beer and take a giant swing of it. To Hell with it, I came here to party, to forget, I might as well get started. I drain the rest of the beer. "Lead the way."

She grins and grabs my arm, tugging me into the living room, Lady Gaga's Bad Romance is playing. How ironic. Emma leads me to the center of the dance floor and we start to dance. I don't know how long we were there, at least five songs in a row before we leave to go get something to drink.

I know I probably shouldn't drink much, but it makes me feel numb to the pain in my heart. I drain another can of beer when we get to the kitchen and grab another one as we head to the backyard. In a couple of minutes I'm more than buzzed, but I can't make myself stop reaching for another beer, to help me cope.

After five beers, I'm swaying on my feet and grabbing Emma's arm to steady myself. "You even look cute when you're drunk." She says.

I grin. "I'm just that type of guy, I guess."

Smiling she grabs my hand and leans up placing a kiss on my lips. I look at her startled, umm, what should I do? She smiles again before reaching up and taking my face in her hands and kisses me again, longer this time, she opens my mouth and I react by running my tongue over her lips before slipping it in her mouth.