1.

A/N: Most of the focus will be on the Neighbours in this story. I will put trigger warnings for certain chapters. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life couldn't get any worse for Eduardo.

It was bad enough his girlfriend was gone and so was his roommate.

But his old friend from high school, Todd, also moved back in. 

Eduardo despised Todd. No matter how many goody two shoes bullshit he did. He had too much energy, and was too much of a know it all. 

Mark was okay. It seemed like after Jon's death, he straightened up the jerk act and softened up. A lot. He did most of the chores around the house, and even cooked. 

His cooking was horrendous, though. 

So even though there were his downsides, there were some good sides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was Todd's turn to cook that night, so he made fish. 

Eddie was allergic to fish.

"You couldn't make a meal that EVERYONE can eat and not just you?!"

"I forgot you were allergic! I haven't seen you in years!" 

"You think I've changed?"

While they both argued, Mark sat in the living room, drowned in his new book he bought that morning. He never did give much thought to Eddie and Todd's fights. It was a normal thing.

Something shattered, causing Mark to jump. A scream, and Eddie came stomping into the living room. "I hate him! Fucking rat!"

Mark looked up, his glasses askew. "What's the matter now?" 

Eddie plopped down on the couch next to Mark, making Mark's book drop to the ground.

"It's Todd! He's literally cooking food that can murder me!" Eduardo grabbed the nearest thing, which was one of Todd's cigarette holders, and threw it at the wall. 

Mark sighed, placed his bookmark in his book, and got up to clean up the shattered glass and ashes. "Well, throwing things isn't the answer. We haven't seen him for years. You can't expect the guy to remember every single little  detail about you."

Eddie growled, watching Mark pick up his mess. "You might as well be the house maid with the amount of chores you do."

Mark stood, carefully balancing the glasses pieces in one hand and the broom in another. "I might as well be. Now, go find something in the freezer to cook up yourself. You're a grown man."

Eddie didn't want to go back in there with Todd, so he just took the broom from Mark. "I'll sweep up the ashes." 

Mark eyed him, then dumped the pieces into the trash. "You're actually helping me? I must be dreaming." 

Eddie rolled his eyes. "Shut it or I'll dump this on your fancy blonde head!"

"Kiss my ass, Wilson."

"Which one, Oliver?"

"We're kissing what now?

They both turned toward the doorway. Todd was there, munching on a piece of fish.

"Nothing, nerd! Now get that out of here. It stinks!"

"Are you guys....?"

Mark and Eddie's face turned bright red. This time Mark spoke up.

"No! We aren't together! We're friends!"

"Exactly. He isn't my type! I would never!"

Todd giggled and walked away. "Friends with benefits!~"

Eddie's eye twitched and he looked up at Mark. "Ahead of time, I would never EVER date you! Now, I'm going to go murder a man." He ran after Todd.

Mark stared after them as he sat down. He picked up his book and covered his face. 

"Yeah....Never..."