Chapter 9- Distractions and realisations

As Damon's hands grabbed on her waist Katherine felt a tingle from deep within her, she hadn't needed or wanted anyone like this for a long time, all she knew is she needed to be closer to Damon, preferably with less clothes on. She moved closer to him, pulling his lips back to hers for another passionate kiss, as she did this, she interlinked her hands around the back of his neck, gently gripping onto it and pulling his upper body closer.

With Damon's body being so close to Katherine's and the increasing lust developing between them, Damon couldn't stand it anymore, he vamped Katherine against the wall, causing her to let out a quiet moan and break the kiss. She looked into his eyes and then down to his lips, telling Damon that she wanted him... no... she needed him, with this look he moved his lips to her neck, trailing kisses down it with hunger. Katherines body arched against him, and she moaned out, begging to be kissed elsewhere. Damon was growing with lust as his member hardened to the closeness of the touch. He moved his lips to Katherines but stopped, breathing heavily he looked into her eyes "As much as I really want to fuck you against this wall and make up for these years of lost time, you need help, and you are in danger... maybe we should solve that first" he said with a regrettable lusty tone.

Katherine rolled her eyes at this and pushed him away "You always have been a tease haven't you Damon, you are right... always have to ruin the moment huh?" she straightened her top and wiped her lips before sitting back down in the chair " time for you to talk, you know more than you are letting on" she crossed her arm and looked up at him, her cheeks still red from the recent embrace.

Damon smirked at her reaction and nodded gently before sitting opposite her, he noticed her cheeks still red, this made him smile before he coughed to get the thought out his mind. "Who are you looking for information about?".

I sighed as he asked me this, if I could just tell him all of my worries, my fears... my weaknesses this whole ordeal would be a lot easier, but there are things that he doesn't know. Lies that are there to protect him and uncovering all that hurt, and trauma might drive him away. I need to be careful, because one wrong move could stop him from giving over any information.

Katherine after staying silent for a couple of moments looked up and nervously brushed her arm, before looking away once again. "He is a dangerous man who plans to kill me for the pain I've caused to him and his family" she sighs, "He killed everyone in my past, and will kill everyone in my future, that is why I'm running" she looks away trying to hide her vulnerability. Damon hates to see her like this, he can only begin to imagine the pain she has been through. He gently places his hand on her cheek and pulls it to look towards him "Hey, I'm here now. And I promise you, I will kill him" he says softly and caresses her cheek gently "I'll kill him, and I'll kill the whole family" he smiles gently.

As I hear these words I smiled gently too. Damon has always been the brother that would do anything for me, and here he is once again, willing to kill the one thing preventing my happiness, even after all the pain I've caused him. However, he is naive, if killing them was that easy I would've done it years ago. Katherine's smile soon turns to a shake of the head. "No Damon, its not that easy, they are dangerous and killing them will only start a life on the run... I didn't kill anyone, I just ran away and yet I've been hunted for an eternity, we need information... an upper hand".

Damon nodded at this information and stood; he began pacing the room thinking about anything that could help this situation. An idea popped into his head. "What and you think Stefan can help?". Katherine shrugged "all I know is that when I visited Stefan in the sixties, I saw him there, talking to him, I ran as soon as I realised it was him, I took off". Damon frowned and then scoffed "I'm going to ignore the fact you paid Stefan a visit and didn't consider telling me you were alive and ask a simple question... Why didn't you just stake him there and then?" He said proudly, and a little hurt by this new information. Katherine shook her head, annoyed that she had said the wrong thing "Damon, im not going to apologise for not telling you I was alive, but I did check in on you- "Damon interrupted in a raised tone "Oh wow thank you Katherine! Thanks for checking in on me, surely you saw how miserable I was without you! All I needed was you to tell me that you were alive! I spent 100 years looking for you!" He got agitated and very close to Katherine at this point. Katherine placed her hand on his chest and looked him in his eyes "I couldn't, you were happy when I checked in on you, I didn't think you needed me in your life, you need to understand I was on the run from him, he isn't like us, he's different, stronger... I've seen Klaus survive a stake to his heart... we can't kill him".

Damon stopped and looked at Katherine in shock. "Klaus? Klaus Mikaelson? Is this who you are running from?". Katherine nodded cautiously "Yes that's the one, you've heard of him?". Damon laughed, "More than that, me and Stefan staked him and left him to rot in the coffin, just like he did with that family of his, he's not a threat anymore, he's been subdued for months". Katherine looked puzzled, "How?... That's no.... But it doesn- ". Damon interpreted "I'll show you, and then when I'm done showing you, you can finally leave and stop pestering me and Stefan, its not fair to come in and out of our lives like this" He spat out in anger.