Bad Day

Explanations for shortcuts:

Y/N- Your name

H/N- Horse's name

Author's note: A one-shot dedicated to @nanaliema. Happy birthday ♥

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________

The last vestiges of summer light cast shadows of tangerine and red among the hills. The breeze hummed in quiet harmony bringing with it the damp scent of oncoming night. Birds flicked across the tops of the canopy, silhouettes of trees stretched on the ground.

Ydris is usually tired after performing. He doesn't admit it, because he's the irreplaceable,  undying Ydris who won't let such thing as stamina stop him.

But there's a kind of tired that needs a good night's sleep, and another that needs so much more.

For him, one became the other, starting out as the "one-night kind" until one day it was ever present like it once was a heavy jacket but became heavy bones.

And you saw. 

His movements in his shows were as thrilling and smile as heart-stopping, yet when he turned from the crowd, his face remained emotionless, without a flick of light.

You were aware that you weren't exactly the right person to comfort him, but no one in the audience knew him as you did. They weren't there during his revenge-seeking outbursts, they weren't there when he poured his Pandorian self out in the heat of the moment, they weren't there when he, against his will (not really), helped to take Fripp out of his deep slumber.

So, you took all courage you had to go speak to him. 

You watched silently from one of the last and highest benches, where lights don't reach. You usually went to his shows in secret, if the Druids knew you were supporting him in any way, they would disown you.

When the spotlights went dim and applause was heard miles from the tent, you knew it was time.

People started to leave and Ydris went backstage, with you pushing yourself through the crowd with many "Excuse me"s.

Suddenly, the curtains to where he went were in front of you. 

You got this.

You fought questionable creatures, you found against Dark Core. This is nothing.

Except for the fact that you had a massive crush on the charming magician. 

Of course, the first time you felt butterflies flutter in your tummy and chest when he simply looked at you, you denied it.

But, over time, you just accepted it.

Have you ever been this in love before?

Horrible, wasn't it?

It made you so vulnerable. It opened your chest and your heart and meant that someone could get inside and mess you up completely. 

But, with the Druids, you never knew whether you were running away from something or running to something, yet you knew that deep inside you simply wanted to run to him.

Nervously, you pushed the curtains away slightly and peeked inside.

"Ydris?" You called out.

You didn't get an answer.

However, when you listened more intensely, what you heard made your heart tremble.

Quiet sobs and shaky breaths echo from the corner of the room.