Meeting Hatsume

You waited outside the the support course workshop, hearing all sorts of commotion inside.

*BOOM*

There was a loud sound that came from inside, the vibrations of which travelled through the walls and floor.

Was that- an explosion???

You sat down wearily on a nearby row of seats in the hallway. Hatsume had told you 10 minutes earlier to wait outside while she finished working on her latest "baby".

In that time, you updated Kirishima on what Mr. Aizawa told you and the current situation you were in. To which, he replied with a flurry of motivational texts and an offer to train together at the end of the day.

There was another loud sound and tremor right before the big metal doors to the workshop opened, revealing a more-than-slightly dirty Hatsume emerging from a brown cloud of smoke and dust she no doubt caused.

"Hey there! What was your name again?"

"My name-"

Before you could answer, she turned around with a cheery grin on her face and entered the still-smokey room.

"Nevermind, you're here for a new costume piece right?"

"Uh, yeah, about that-"

"How about this?!"

She pulled a freaky looking glove out of a drawer and put it on your hand. It had spikes all over it with an exposed mechanical system of gears and whatnot that made the spikes extend.

"This baby has 23 steel spikes that can reach up to 7 feet long, you like it? ┌(¤ヮ¤✧)┘

You braced your arm with your other hand, frantically trying to shake the glove off without skewering yourself.

"I'm not trying to kill anybody yet, thank you though."

"Hmm, perhaps it does need to be practicalized."

Hatsume took the glove off your hand and threw it into a pile of inventions in the corner of the room. You carefully took the cherry blossom petal out of your pocket and gave it to her.

"I know this is probably a really small task compared to what you're used to, but it means a lot to me and I hope you can help me with it."

"I just want to incorporate that petal into my costume if I can, just a small accessory or something, it doesn't have to have any practical use."

Hatsume examined the petal in her hands and held it up to the light.

"It's a decent size, so I should have a good amount of material to work with. I have some ideas~"

"Great."

"Now wait outside!"

"Wha-"

She pushed you out of the room and closed the doors on you. Immediate regret sunk in as you lamented your decision to trust her with something so fragile.

She's gonna dirty it.

Or burn it.

Or weaponize it (╥﹏╥)

You waited anxiously, pacing back and forth by the entrance. Finally, the doors opened.

You saw Hatsume step out and fold open her right hand to reveal a small chain-link ring.

"I cut two slivers out of the blossom petal and coated them in thin layers of resin to protect them from wilting. Then I weaved them all the way through the chain-link. The pink and silver colours compliment each other, and the resin and steel ensures durability during battle."

It was beautiful.

You got closer to her to look at the ring, and you noticed that she washed all the dirt off her hands that was there before. She took her work very seriously, no matter what task she was given.

"Thank you, Hatsume, it's perfect. Really, it's perfect."

"Glad to hear it!"

She grinned, closed the doors and went right back to work.

Putting the ring on, you looked out the window and realised the sun was going to set soon.

Oh no, I should be training with Kirishima right now!

And so, you ran back to the dorms.