Today Was a Fairytale (An EOI One-Shot)

Dear @followthestars, you've got a great story! And when I found out about your contest, I was so excited! I'm not sure if I made Ferra talk exactly the way you made her, but I gave it a shot. Either way, I hope you like it!

-Nymartian

*Based on song by Taylor Swift

Today was a fairy tale, you were the prince

I used to be a damsel in distress

You took me by the hand and you picked me up at six

Today was a fairytale

“Arie, where are we going?” I asked him again, cuddling into his arm as I tried to persuade him.  

“I already told you, it’s a surprise. He said, looking away from the road grinning at me.

“Arie-

“You’ll just have to wait and see.” He sang. I sat back in my seat, pouting. We had been driving since six and he wouldn’t give me a single hint on where we were going.

“Can I at least take the blindfold off?”

“Not a chance, Pumpkin.” He said. Even though my eyes were covered, I could tell by Arie’s tone that he was smirking at me. I couldn’t help but smile at the guess. I knew him so well now.

Finally, he stopped the car and I could hear him get out as he came to open my door. I tried to search for his hand with my eyes still blindfolded, and after a minute, I felt Arie’s hand in my own. He pulled me out gently and I wrapped my arms around his as he led me to wherever he was taking me. After walking a few feet, I felt the ground turn soft and difficult to walk in.

Today was a fairytale

I wore a dress

You wore a dark grey T-shirt

You told me I was pretty when I looked like a mess

Today was a fairytale

“Careful.” Arie warned me. We stopped for a moment and he took off the sandals I was wearing and we continued walking. I could definitely feel the difference now. I was walking on some type of rocky surface, but they were small, and I felt my feet imprint into the ground as Arie and I walked slowly. Wait- was that…sand? As we stepped closer, I could hear the sound of rushing water somewhere in front of us. It smelled like water too. The ground had gotten a bit softer and easier to walk through. I knew it was sand now; the grainy surface felt smoother and was cooler on my feet.

“Are we here?” I asked Arie softly.

“Yeah, yeah we are.” I felt his hands behind my head as he untied the blindfold from my eyes. I blinked my eyes a few times as Arie pulled be a bit closer, the sound of water growing louder in my ears. My vision finally cleared and I gasped as I saw where we were.

“A beach?” I asked Arie. He smiled as he took his shoes off, but I didn't wait for him as I ran closer to the water, my feet padding against the watery sand. The waves grew closer to my feet and I wait in anticipation. As soon ans the water crashed against my feet, I squealed.

"It's so cold!" I yelled as I started to giggle. It had been a long time since I was at a beach. Arien soon  joined me but I had gotten deeper into the water, now at my knees. I hit one of the waves hard, splashing water on to Arie and giggled.

"So that's how you wanna play huh?" He smirked as he ran up, grabbing me by my waist and threw me over his shoulders, walking even deeper to the bigger waves. I knew what he was up to.

"No Arie!' I begged, laughing as hard as I could. "Please don't!"

"You started it Pumpkin, you gotta pay the price!" He teased. The waves hit the shore as he threw me into the water, soaking me all over. The dress I was wearing was fully wet and my hair was too. Arie laughed as I came back up, spitting out the salt water and sand that lingered in my mouth. I smirked as I got closer to Arie, grabbed his arm, dragging him with me into the salty sea.He was soaked just like me and I laughed as I saw him playfully glare while I laughed. 

"That wasn't nice." I laughed harder. "Now I'm gonna get you."

I squealed as I ran from Arie around the beach, and I finally felt his arms grab me around my waist and I yelled as he spun me around. He finally put me down and we sat on the cool sand, the sun's heat drying us off slowly.

Time slows down 

Whenever you’re around

He smiled as we both watched the waves crash back and forth onto the shore. 

“You know...I used to come down here a lot. To clear my head; it helped me relax. I haven't been here for a while. I just...kinda stopped when I…” I turned to Arie, seeing the hesitation to finish his sentence on his face as he looked away from me. I knew what he was going to say: When he started working for Ryder. He had been through so much with him, just as I’d been. For a minute, I believed that Ryder had changed. That he was starting to remember.

But I was wrong.

Ryder wasn’t human anymore, and there was nothing I could do to change that. I stepped closer to Arie as I brought my hands up to both of his cheeks and held his face in my hands.

“Arie…it’s alright. It’s over.” But I couldn’t blame Arie for how he was feeling. I was feeling like that too. I had been trying to get away from Asher and Damian forever. And Ryder made it even worse. He was my first love and he had turned into a monster.

“I know it’s over. I just remember…the way you looked when I found you. I can’t even imagine the things he did to hurt you. Or what they did-

“Shh, it’s okay. I’m fine now. I have you, that’s all that matters right?” I said caressing his cheeks. He closed his eyes for a moment and brought his hand to one of mine.

He smiled. “Yeah, and you will always have me. And I will always have you.” He put his hands on my face as he came as close as he could.

“Forever?” I asked.

“Forever.” He brought his lips to mine in one of the best kisses we ever shared. He was so sweet and gentle with me. I thought about the years of pain I’d been through. Damien and Asher were in the past, and in the past, they would remain. Sadly, so would Ryder.

But Arie was here, my present, my future, and my love. He healed me when I was miserable, fixed me when I was broken. And I was happy here. With him now. Through years of pain, I could finally say I was happy.

Can you feel this magic in the air?

It must’ve been the way you kissed me

Fell in love when I saw you standing there

It must’ve been the way

Today was a fairytale

THE END