Chapter 7

The two sat on the mattress restless as Finney turned on his tiny flashlight as he moved the light around the two watched.

Suddenly, the two gasp as they see a boy floating in the air as blood dripped on the floor.

The bloody boy, moves his hand up towards the black phone.

The two then get up and as usual Finney was the first to pick up the phone, "Hello?".

He then shines his flashlight back to wear the dead boy was but the body was now gone.

"You don't have much time. The Grabber hasn't been sleeping, he thinks this might be it that he's gonna figure it out"

"Who's gonna figure it out?", Finney asked.

"His brother upstairs", the boy says from the other line as he starts to laugh.

"Are you Griffen?", Finney asked as Rani paced around.

"Who?"

"Griffen Stagg", Finney replied.

"Probably. It's all a little hazy but I imagine you and her must know all our names"

"Every kid does. I don't know you", Finney explained.

"Nobody did. I spent so many years invisible and then every kid in the state knows your name. You don't have much time!".

"Why hasn't he killed us?", Finney asked.

"He has planned a game. You have to play the game. You can't play, he can't win"

"What game?", Finney asked as Rani stands next to him listening carefully.

"Naughty boy. If you don't play naught boy, the grabber can't beat you and if he can't beat you. He can't move on to the next part and the next part of naughty boy is his favorite part"

"Hold up. I'm not a boy. I'm a girl so what does that mean for me?", Rani asked.

"I'm not sure. He's never taken a girl. This must confuse him. You must be very confusing for him. But, he won't let you go at least once he figures out what to do with you"

Finney looked at Rani as he grabs her hand in way to comfort her as she weakly smiles back.

"What's next part of naughty boy?", Finney asked.

The boy starts to laugh, "You-don't-have-much-time"

"You said that!", Rani says annoyed.

"He has not been sleeping"

"You said that too", Finney says walking around with the phone.

"Yeah, well he is now in his chair. He passed out waiting for you to play"

"What good does that do to us?", Finney asked

Rani then gasped, "Finney. Don't you get it?".

Finney then shines his light towards the door, "the doors still unlocked".

"The door's still unlocked"

"Should we go?", Rani asked nervously.

"There's a combination lock, it's my bike lock"

"Your bike lock?", Finney asked.

"Yeah, he took it when he took me"

"What's the combination", Finney asked as he watched Rani walk up to the door but then walk back towards him.

"I don't remember"

"Griffen!", the two yell frustrated.

"I remember being to afraid to forget it, that's why I wrote it down"

"What?", Finney asked.

"Okay, but where?", Rani joins in.

"I carved it with a bottle cap in the wall"

"Which wall?", Finney asked before yelling the question as Rani looks around the room.

"The one in the right about shoulder height when you're sitting down"

Rani grabs the flashlight of Finney and walks up the wall looking around as Finney watches her.

"It says, 2 3 3 1 7", Rani says as she and Finney began to memories the code.

"It's 2 3 3 1 7, right?", Rani asked picking up the phone.

"If you say so"

"Is it 23-31 7 or-", Finney began to ask but is cut of by Griffen.

"I can't remember".

"You can't remember?", Rani asked face palming.

"Griffen!", Finney asked annoyed.

"I can't remember! You'll have to try them all and you have to be very quite about it".

"Yeah, we'll be quite alright", Rani muttered.

"I'm serious, alright!"

"Alright. We will, thanks", Finney says putting the phone back to it's holder.

The two kids look at each other.

"You ready?", Finney asked.

"What chance do we have left. It's now or never", Rani says as the two walk towards the door and opens it.

They slowly creep up the stairs as Finney opens the door for both of then to witness the Grabber snoring at loud in his slumber.

The two slowly and cautiously walk past the Grabber and all the way opening the door where the there a was a lock with a combination. Finney starts to pick every combination he could think of as Rani kept a look out if the Grabber was coming.

Finally, he opened the but as soon as he did they heard dogs barking in the next room which woke the Grabber up as they two dash out of the house.

They two look back as they run as fast as they could to see the Grabber driving his black van towards the two kids.

Rani runs faster than Finney as she turns to see Finney getting stopped by the van as the Grabber then tackled the boy to the ground putting a knife near the kid as Rani looks in horror.

"You says one f*cking word and I will cut you like a pig right here in the street and strangle you with your own intestines ", the Grabber says to Finney.

The Grabber then looks at Rani who was shaking in fear.

"Rani. Be a good little girl and come to me or witness the death of your friend", he tells her.

She looks at Finney who eyes pleaded for her to run for her life but she knew that she just couldn't run not without Finney so she obeyed and walked towards the man as she watched the Grabber knock Finney out.

He then looks at the girl, "You've been a good girl so far so I won't hit you just this once".

He then puts Finney in the van and then picks the girl up and throws her in the van as he then touches her face making her cry.

"I said, I would hit you but I didn't say I wouldn't inject you", the grabber says injecting her as she then passes out.