And Then...

When they looked into the mirror, they were unprepared to find a different face gazing back at them.

Taking a half step closer to the Murano glass mirror, he let go of the hand that was desperately holding on ever since they came awake from their brief induced slumber. He raised his slightly trembling hand to the unfamiliar face and carefully touched the once smooth cheek. The scruffy gingerish beard tickled his palm; he smiled at the feeling. His hair was shorter; it would no longer peep out from under his hat.

His now green-eyed gaze traveled over to the other yet unexplored face of the love of his life. He slowly started to catalog every change even though he knew he had the rest of their life to do so. The thin gold necklace with the delicate cross was circling a slightly longer neck. Her golden hairpiece became barely visible in the ocean of long blond hair. The only thing that stayed the same was the loveful gaze that answered his in the mirror.

With eyes locked on each other - green versus blue - he found his voice. "We are free now, Juliet! Free to do whatever we wish, free to be husband and wife wherever we wish."

Still smiling, Romeo glanced at the third person in the mirror who was responsible for this miracle. The friar stood behind them, holding the small empty vials in his wrinkly hands.

"Thank you for everything, Friar Laurence!"