Chapter 23

"You know Hoseok killed my boyfriend? Why is he not in jail? Why are protecting him? What's taking you so long?", Yoongi was barking at the police officers which included Senior Inspector Jeon Jungkook.

"Sir, we are following certain protocols and abiding by the law. Certain rules take time. Be patient with us", Jungkook spoke his voice calm. He decided not to reveal anything to Yoongi. He was running background checks on Yoongi trying to see if what Hoseok said was true or not. Until he found out who the murderer is, everyone is a suspect.

Yoongi, on the other hand, was seething inside. How long does it have to wait to see Hoseok rot in jail? He had planned everything but these stupid cops are taking so long. He wanted Hoseok to be in jail forever but the cops instead of arresting him are protecting him. Dammit, he almost cursed. However, he would not show it. He controlled himself and walked away leaving Jungkook smiling to himself.

=====

"Bo-hum, we need to ask you something." The old man (Hoseok's help) was cooking in the kitchen when Namjoon, Jin and Tae went to him. They were back in G-town to ask Bo-hum, the only one who knows everything about Hoseok's family.

"What is it son?"

"We want to know about Mr. Jung", Namjoon spoke.

"What about him?"

"We want to know if...if he had some other family besides Hoseok and his mom."

"Sit.", the old man's voice quivering. "Before I say something, please bear in mind that this is a man I have been working for since years, I respected for years. I looked after his family like my own and they treated me too as their family."

The three nodded as the man spoke. He said how among many of his business, Mr. Jung met a woman with whom he had an affair. "Even businessmen are people with a heart and there are times when certain boundaries shouldn't be crossed. After Mr. Jung married the woman, she gave birth to a baby boy but passed away due to complications in delivery."

"Does Hoseok's mom know about it?", Joon asked.

"Yes. She came to know after Hobi came home from the fair. Mr. Jung came clean and told her about his other family. Though earlier she wanted to divorce him, he convinced her to stay for Hoseok's sake. But she made him promise to stay away from other kid. But Mr. Jung couldn't just abandon his son. He made sure that the kid is in good hands."

"So, what happened to the kid?", Jin asked.

"Last I heard the kid was growing up in an orphanage in Daegu but I am not aware where he is now. Mr. Jung kept that a secret from me. Though he married Hoseok's mom first, his second wife was the first one to give birth."

"Ohh, and what must be the age of this kid?", Tae asked.

"He must be around 3-4 years elder than our Hobi."

"Maybe that kid had some kind of health issue, that's why Mr. Jung donated Hoseok's bone marrow."

"But what we need to find is where he is now."

Informing Jungkook of the issue, Tae, Jin and Joon set out to find out the details of the Hoseok's brother in Daegu. Their brains were on the verge of exploding with all this information. Will that boy, well now a man, still be there? For all they know he would have left the orphanage and moved out of Daegu. Maybe he is the one who killed Jun-ho. Finding an orphanage and records that was more than twenty years old was near to impossible. But right now, they had to take a chance.

---------

"There are around 20 orphanages in Daegu. How will we ever find him? The records are so old", Tae had his eyes glued in the laptop and was looking up the names of the orphanages, jotting their address and phone numbers. They had rented a hotel at Daegu so that they could find Hoseok's brother as quickly as possible.

"Hmmm..I know Tae, but we have to do it for Hoseok. Let's do it this way, we have 20 orphanages. Each one of us will take up 3 orphanages a day. This way, we can find as quickly as possible", Joon said. Jin and Tae agreed it was a good idea. This way, they hoped things could get sorted out quickly.

The next day all of them set off to different orphanages hoping they could find the missing person.

-----

"Why is this taking so long?", Tae was frustrated and was close to tears. It's been a week already and almost all the orphanages were scanned by them. A few orphanages lost some of the records due to termite issue while some had piles of records. It was taking them forever. Finding a record dating back to the 90s when even computer was in its basics and everything was recorded in paper was challenging to find. Still the three of them persisted. This was their only hope.

They were scanning old papers and records hoping they could find something. Tae's eyes were scanning through the records when he found one familiar name. His eyes went wide. This can't be. It just can't be a coincidence that of all the people this name appeared in the record.

He quickly called up Jin and Joon who rushed to Min Ari Childrens' Trust. "What is it, Tae?"

"Look here. Some of the kids were transferred to the Min Ari Childrens' Trust from God's Children Orphanage in Daegu."

"So?", Jin asked confusedly.

"Look at the kid's name", Tae said.

Jin and Joon's eyes opened wide in horror.

"F**********kkkkkkkkk...", Namjoon screamed as he slammed the table jumping from his seat.

----------

There you go lovely readers, an update.

Enjoy. Thank you again for your votes and comments.

Happy birthday Kookieeeee....!!!!!!

!!!!!!