Prologue

1711

The gears of war had begun its turning. Dark nights are upon the seas. It's been six years since the Armando went down, killing the evil French leader, Lord Marcus III. But what nobody expected was, Maccus resorted to dark magic. Now, a new threat faces pirate kind altogether. Not even the combined powers of the pirates could stop the new threat. But before I tell you that story, I must tell you THIS story.... Six years ago.

10/8/1705

The French watched at their warship sank, exploding as it slipped beneath the waves. Emerging away from the battle, were the pirates who had managed to best the First-Rate. The Black Bounty was a sleek frigate, clearly using the blueprints of 'La Concorde'. The hull was charred black, and the sails were painted with the blood of the damned, as the rumours claimed. Nobody wanted to face the large pirate ship, so the rest of the armada did what they had to: flee.

Not that it did much anyway, seeing as pirate ships caught up to the massive fleet, sinking any ship they came across. Roughly 69% of the fleet was destroyed, and the rest of the French armada were too scared to do anything without a leader. That's when Captain Gabriel, a close friend to the late Maccus, stood up to be the new leader of the French.

5/7/1708

Isla Marabico thrived. To say that it was simply divine was an understatement. The small pirate town on an unmarked island was no longer the unsafe pirate haven it once was. Under the rule of pirate king Firien Servicio, once first mate aboard the Black Bounty, the tiny town blossomed, and it became a wonderful place to be. Having made connections to the rest of the ocean, ships were free to dock as they please, and not bother about pirate attacks.

Everything was peaceful until a young man, clearly under the age of 25, washed ashore on a piece of shipwreck. Fishermen found the survivor, and quickly took him to Firien. There, the young bloke spent a few days to recover, before Firien decided to question him.

"So, Senór, tell me what happened." Firien told the young man in a calm voice. The lad looked around, and sighed. "We was attacked. The Siren was attacked in the middle of the night by a dark presence. It took the shape of a First-Rate, but there was no flags to tell what nation it belonged to." The man said, and Firien stood up, thanked him, and walked out.

Firien was later assassinated that year, and all who knew him well paid their respects. Even Alonzo Batia, who rarely left the sea, came to say his farewells to his oldest crew member and friend. He put his tricorn hat back on his head, the black leather preventing the rain from running down his face, and went to his ship.

9/3/1710

Pirate ships were usually late to port. But never an entire year late. The harbourmaster had looked to the bay in annoyance, and thought he saw a ship. Rubbing his eyes, the ship had vanished as quickly as he had seen it. Shrugging, he went back to duty. Meanwhile, a trade ship was sailing in the middle of a storm, when it was attacked. A ghostly black ship came from behind, firing cannonballs into the side of the ship.

Once the trade ship exploded, the ship turned away, leaving one man on a dinghy to observe the ship slowly sail away. Looking at the name of the ship, the sailer gasped: 'Armando'. Confused by what he had witness, the sailer closed his eyes and wished death would take him, and death did just that. A rogue wave hit the small boat, and it overturned. The sailer didn't resurface.

The Black Bounty was sailing through a storm, when it saw the ghostly ship fade into the dark horizon, seemingly disappearing

The Black Bounty was sailing through a storm, when it saw the ghostly ship fade into the dark horizon, seemingly disappearing. The new first mate, Gabriella, saw the ship, before shaking her head. Surely it was a trick of the waves, and the rain? Walking to the captain's cabin, she knocked three times, and entered the cabin.

Alonzo looked up from the charts. "What is it, Miss Gabriella?" He asked, getting up and hugging her. Gabriella was like a daughter to Alonzo, as he had found her as a small child, as a stowaway. Not even he could resist the adorable little girl. Alonzo had taken her in, and the crew treated her like a sister, seeing as they were basically family.

The entire crew knew that Alonzo was Gabriella's adoptive father, but she treated him like a father figure and a big brother. "Alonzo, I saw the ghostly ship that everyone at Isla Marabico talks about." She said, breaking the hug and brushing her bright blue hair out of her eyes. At this, Alonzo went pale, and walked over to his desk, rummaging through dressers to find the story of the Ghost Ship.

"Lost long ago, a ship now sails for all eternity. Blaming one ship in particular, these ghosts sought out to eradicate pirates altogether. No ship is safe if you see them. One glance at the bow, and the ship is the last thing you will ever see."

Lowering the book, Alonzo ran out of the cabin, Gabriella following behind. Rushing to the handrail, he observed the horizon, but there was no sign of the ship. Now, Alonzo was familiar with curses, as he and his crew had been cursed once. But he didn't know anything about a ghost ship like this.

On board the ghost ship, the undead soldiers were dancing, happy to watch another pirate ship go down. And on the poop deck, stood, the forever cursed, Lord Marcus III. He wanted revenge, he wanted blood. Setting a course, he sailed towards his body's final resting place: Isla Marabico bay. "Now now, time to hunt a bastard." Marcus told his crew, and they all cheered. The Armando was rotting, bits were falling off the ship as it was covered in a layer of mold, barnacles and seaweed.

The lower hull had been blown away, and the stern tilted to the side by 6 degrees, due to the explosion in the cabin. But these imperfections added to the spookiness of the ghost ship. Now they had a vendetta. It was time, to end all of piracy for good. Starting with the one place they should've destroyed years ago.... Isla Marabico.

A/N

Hello! Welcome to Alonzo Batia! Feel free to comment and/or use the idea of the Black Bounty (crew, ship and/or captain) in your own stories. This is an original work made by me. The Black Bounty is copyrighted by me.

Alonzo Batia: Well, I'll take my shillings and leave, while I still can....

Not anymore bud! You're in for the ride, whether you like it or not! Anywho, see you all soon in the next chapter!

The Saviour (8): Plus! You're going to have references to me and Equestria!