S1: Extra Ordinary

My name is Vanya Hargreeves, and this is my story.

We were never a real family.

We were our father's creation, family in name... but not in fact.

In the end, after our brother Ben had died, there was really nothing connecting us.

After all, we had already lost three people in the family.

We were just strangers living under the same roof...

destined to be alone...

starved for attention...

damaged by our upbringing...

and haunted by what might have been...

We all wanted to be loved by a man incapable of giving love.

Our father never missed an opportunity to remind me that I was ordinary.

A hard thing for a little girl to hear.

If you're raised to believe nothing about you is special, if the benchmark is extraordinary,

what do you do if you're not?

~~~~~~~~

"Hold still and stop moving!" Eight scolded.

"It's not my fault that your hands are so shaky!" Five retorted, before grunting in pain.

During the shooting incident back at Gimbal Brothers, a bullet had grazed Five's shoulder, leaving an open wound.

Initially, Five wanted to stitch up his own wound, until Eight kept pestering him that she would do it for him.

"Do you even know how to stitch up a wound?" Five eyed at her suspiciously.

"Like you, I know how to do everything." She whispered as she concentrated on the last three stitches.

"How? You were in a coma for about 17 years." Five quirked an eyebrow, now distracted from the sharp pains of his wound.

"It's not a coma, first and foremost. I was simply stuck... somewhere." She nodded, trying to find the correct words.

"Yeah, I know. Frozen in time." Five nodded.

"No. Not in time. Well, physically I am, considering how my body never aged and man, that shower felt so good-" Eight began to go off the topic.

Five felt like she was hiding something, however knowing her since childhood, the girl was as stubborn as a mule. Tight-lipped, like an air-tight sealed container, just like she was as a child.

"Eight, where were you stuck in?" Five asked again, in a more serious tone.

There was only silence in the air, other than the sound of her ripping apart the wrapper and pasting an adhesive bandage over Five's wound.

It was Billy the choo-choo train.

The girl closed her eyes, and took in a deep breath and sighed.