Gift baskets

The next morning rolled around. And Amanda was awoken by Misty who was banging on her bedroom door. "Amanda It's time to wake up! I want to show you something!" Amanda opens her eyes and puffed. She knew there was no choice to argue with Misty she always managed to persuade her. Amanda sat up. She slipped on her fluffy bunny slippers and headed out her white bedroom door to Misty. Misty stood outside the door. As soon as Amanda stepped out she grabbed her by her arm and lead her into the sitting room. Amanda stopped outside the sitting room door. Pulling her arm pack. "What are you doing?" Amanda said rubbing her arm. Misty rolled her eyes. "There's something in the sitting room that I wanted to show you" Amanda raised her eye brow. "What do you mean?" Misty opend the sitting room door. She walked in and Amanda followed still sceptical. Inside two big baskets in plastic wrap lay on the couch with two notes beside them. "Dad left them here. I read my note" Amanda picked up her basket along with the note that was attached to the side of it. The basket has see through plastic rap around it keeping everything inside from falling out. Inside the basket Misty's basket there was a pink blanket, a fluffy white Teddy dog along with sweets of all kinds. And a knitting kit along with a sewing and crocheting kit too. Amanda knew it was Misty's by the things inside. Misty would never shut up about wanting to get a new knitting kit for her birthday. She was so pleased that before Amanda could even take the ribbon off her basket Misty had her baskets clear rapping all over the floor. "Did you even read your nite?" Amanda picked up the note from Misty's torn up basket. "I did actually. It was dad saying that it was a gift for helping around the house and being so good when your taking good care of me" Amanda looked at the folded note again. "Read it for yourself" Misty said while opening the wool. Amanda flipped open and read the note.
To Misty.
I got you and Amanda each a little gift basket as you both had been working hard at school and at home. It's a special gift for my two special girls. You won't see this till I'm gone to work but tonight when I come home I'll be bringing home another special surprise for you and Amanda.
Love dad.

Amanda put the note down beside Misty. And picked up her own. Amanda's basket was the same except her blanket was purple and her teddy was a grey and white wolf. And instead of a kit she was given some scetch books and a large case of different colours, markers and drawring pencils. She read her note that their dad had left on her basket.

To Amanda

I got you and Misty each a little gift basket as you both had been working so hard at school and at home. It's a special gift for my two special girls.

Amanda continued to read on but she noticed the note took a turn.

I have a very special gift for you and Misty tonight. So I wanted to tell you to extend her bedtime and stay up till I come back from work with a surprise.
Love dad.

Amanda sat down on the couch with the note still in her hand. It caught her off guard that twice he had wrote 'when I come back from work' But she remberd last night that he had called in and said he wouldn't be in. Maby it was just a dream or another day dream. She couldn't tell. Maby she misheard it? She was up late and was tired. Suddenly her thoughts were broken by Misty. "Amanda can we please make pancakes for breakfast?" She held the sewing kit box under her arm. Amanda stood up and sighed. "I might as well start the house then" She walked into the kitchen with Misty. She started to take out the pan while Misty sat at the table. And Amanda got to work with the pancakes.