11

I returned home after almost four months, my mother is dead, my sister turned off her humanity. I can't believe this is happening. I did not say goodbye to my mother, I wasn't with her while she was sick. I haven't been to her funeral.

"sheriff, mother, friend Elizabeth Forbes"

It's written on the tomb. If there is life after death, I hope she has found peace. She died thinking that I was dead, she didn't find out that it was not true, that I was just in another world. It sounds weird. Caroline turned off humanity and left Mystic Falls before anyone could tell her I was alive after all. Maybe if she had known that I was fine, she wouldn't have turned off humanity.

"Goodbye mom" I put my mother's favorite flowers on the grave.

I go to the clock tower where I'm supossed to meet Kai. I'm wearing Elena's clothes. I couldn't go home to change. I don't want to go there to know my mom will never be there again. I stayed at Salvatores house. Damon and Elena did come back late at night and I left the house early in the morning so we didn't see each other. They don't know I'm back. Nobody knows except Stefan.

"Hey Lylah, how's your first night in the real world?" Kai asks. How was the first night? "What happened?" Kai asked as he saw tears in my eyes.

"My mom is dead, Kai. It hurts so bad, I can't breathe, I-I can't, I just can't" I burst into tears. Kai hugged me and whispered soothing words in my ear, but I didn't understand anything he said, I only heard my crying. "Alaric, he is a- He is a teacher, history teacher and he-" I couldn't get my sentence together.

"Lylah, take it easy. What about Alaric? Who's that?"

"Alaric was married to Elena's mom, later he dated Elena's aunt, and- and now he is dating Jo, your sister"

Kai said nothing. He looked down at the ground.

"Jo is a doctor"

"She always wanted to be a doctor," he smiles slightly. "Anyways. What about your sister?"

"She turned humanity off and left Mystic Falls. Stefan and I want to find her. When she is gonna see me, maybe she'll turn humanity back on and we'll get over our mother's death together."

"What if she doesn't?"

"I don't know. I really don't know. She's the only one left for me." Tears pop back in my eyes.

"You have Bonnie, Damon, Stefan, Elena and me"

"Damon and Elena are always preoccupied with each other. In fact, I hate them. No matter what tragedy is happening, they will find time to go to bed with each other, and the solution to the problem is for me and the rest. Bonnie has her problems, I will not burden her with mine, though that I know Care is her best friend. Stefan has his problems too, but he cares about Caroline almost as much as I do, so I know he will help me. "

"If I can help, I will do it"

I smile, I'm glad Kai is here with me.

"Where did you sleep?" I'm asking

"In the hotel"

"You can stay with me for a while. I have to summon up the courage to go back to my house, but I don't want to be alone there. Not after all."

Kai agreed. I smile slightly again and suggest that we eat something. We chose the Mystic Grill.

"Lylah!" Matt Donovan approaches us.

"Hey Matt!"

"You are back! I'm sorry for ur loss"

"Thanks"

"Who is this?" Matt points to Kai.

"Friend" I reply. I don't want Matt to know it's Kai.

"Hey" says Kai.

"Hey. Do you order what you always order?" Matt asks me. I confirm. Kai says she will take a chocolate milkshake and a burger. After a few minutes the waiter comes back with our order. The "Chocolate Shake, Burger" serves Kai to eat. "Peanut butter blast, whipped cream on the bottom for you Lylah"

"Thanks Matt" I smile.

"At the expense of the company, I'm glad you came back"

We thanked him and started eating. We didn't talk much during the meal. After leaving the Mystic Grill, we went to my house. It's hard for me to be here knowing that my mother won't be here anymore. I can't look at her favorite armchair, it still smells like her.

" You have a really nice house "

"Thank u"

We're going to my room. I tell Kai he can sleep here and I will sleep in Caroline's room. I left Kai in my room and I went to my sister's room. There is a picture of us all on the shelf. Dad, Mom, Care and me. I miss everyone so much. I can feel the tears running down my cheeks. I sit on the floor, leaning against the bed. I cover my face with my hands. I try not to cry out loud. I don't want Kai to hear that I'm crying. I do not think I succeed because after a while I hear a soft knocking on the door of the room. Kai enters and sits beside me without saying anything. I lean my head against his shoulder.

"Sorry"

"For what?" I'm asking.

"We could have come back earlier. I wanted to stay because I was afraid," he began to say. "Fuck, I could have let you go with Bonnie and Damon. You'd have time to say goodbye to your mom and Caroline wouldn't shut down her humanity."

"You can't turn back time" I lift my head and look at Kai. "Don't feel guilty Kai"

He looked at me. His eyes started slowly drifting to my lips. I know what he wanted. This time I wanted it too. He reached his hand to hold my neck and kissed me. "I'm ready Kai", I said. "Are you? Or is it because you're emotions are overwhelming you?!", Kai asked furiously.

"Its because I want you", I said. This time I was the one pushing him against the floor. This is gonna be a long night. I was now on top of him. I felt his warm breath on me. He started unbuttoning my shirt and I unbuttoned his. I had no bra on. He asked me to unzip his pants. I agreed and did so. Damn I just thought when I looked down . He unzipped my pants as well. Now we were completely naked. He took me to the ground and lay on top of me. I moaned very loudly when he came inside me. He goes faster. Now he was also sucking my titties. I moaned louder than anyone ever could have. This was the best experience in my life. His mouth loosened from my tits and went to my mouth. It literally felt like he was eating me. His tongue was in my mouth moving around. It felt hard but good. I was so out of breath.

I'm a hypocrite. I was talking about Elena and Damon, and that's what I do myself. Yesterday I heard about my mom's death, and now I'm in bed with Kai. My thoughts and the whole situation between me and Kai were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Fuck" Kai sighed.

I grabbed the blanket, covered myself with it, and went downstairs. Through my glass front door, I saw a person I didn't expect to see.

"Rebekah ?!" I opened the door, forgetting that I was covered in a blanket.

"Lylah, I'm so sorry about your mom and I'm so glad you're back," a blonde girl hugs me.

"How did you know I was back?"

"Stefan called me last night"

"Are you in touch with each other?" I'm surprised. Rebekah and Stefan had an affair but it ended.

"He at least informed me you were back"

"Except for him and you, nobody knows. So much happened yesterday."

The blonde scans me. She smiles flirtingly. "I didn't know you had someone. Is he upstairs?" Rebekah goes upstairs without waiting for my answer.

"Rebekah!" I follow her, praying that Kai would get dressed.