05

To be honest, my life is kinda boring. Like that triangle stuff basically describes my entire life cycle- home, to school, to church. However, it's not that my parents were against my going out or inviting friends over, I just find it unnecessary and all. There really is no need to have a whole bunch of friends like an arsenal with loads of weapon at your disposal.

Since it was lunch break, most of my classmates were out in the cafeteria while the rest, scattered around the school compound. Having a big circle of friends only increased the risk of being stabbed in the back. Increased the risk of having unwanted drama. I didn't want that. No, I didn't need that. So I stuck to having Amara and Daniel close to me. They annoyed the hell outta me sometimes but I cherish the friendshipnwe share.

I stood by the window in the classroom, looking out and watching different students have fun. Funny how they had smiles on most of their faces, ice creams and all sorts of snacks within their grips while I was in the class, having these boring thoughts. I wonder if other people felt the same way I did.

Sighing, I leaned on the sliders of the window. Different boys in the junior school were running about, chasing paper balls, khaki trousers rolled up to their knees and ignoring the senior prefects who threatened to punish them. The female students had different groups where they- perhaps-gossiped about the latest trend or coolest boy in class. Quite the usual.

"Do you always stay in class during lunch breaks?"

A low gasp escaped my lips and I gripped the walls to prevent myself from jolting.

It was Nathan. I knew it, even with his voice being nearly a whisper. My thoughts were confirmed when I turned to see him with a bag of popcorn and a bottle of fanta in his hands. I feel like he does this everytime to spite me.

He waved his hands. "Sorry I keep startling you."

"Are you really sorry?" My heart still pumped twice faster. "You do this almost all the time."

His lips parted then closed before opening again as he furrowed his brows. "I don't do it on purpose, I swear."

I narrowed my eyes and he chuckled, nodding. "I mean it."

"Alright, I believe you." I said, already walking back to my seat.

As-regrettably-his desk was next to mine, he walked over to it as if he were a runway model or something.

The silence which used to engulf the classroom had a hole poked in it thanks to his presence. I heard him inhale loudly as he turned to me, drink and popcorn safely kept in his bag. "So, Kaira, um, I've been wanting to ask you something."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah."

"Ask it then."

"Well, I can't find a suitable way to put it to you now that it comes to saying it." He intertwined his fingers and undid them.

"Eh, you can say your mind however it is. I'm not so dumb. I'll put two and two together in order to get what you mean to say."

"I'm not implying that you're dumb or that you won't understand."

"I know."

"Huh?" He perked up his brows. "Then, um, what I mean is that you might find what I say offensive or might even see me as a pry."

My back made contact with my chair as I folded my arms across my chest. "You shouldn't feel that way since you've always acted like a pry...for all I know-no offence."

"Oh, I see."

"No offence."

"None taken. So that means I can ask my question?"

"Ehen now-you can."

When it came to asking the question, Nathan stopped looking at me. "Why don't you socialize? Is there, like, a reason you don't do it?"

So he noticed?

"Yes." I sighed. "I just don't want to be caught up in any storm, if you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I understand." He said with a nod. "Perfectly."

"Okay."

With that, he got on his feet. "Well, see you later. Miss Martha called for me earlier so I'm gonna see her now."

"Sure." I waved him off. "Don't slip off the staircase as you go." I added.

"I won't." He chuckled softly. "Thanks, Kaira."

______

"Rock! Paper! Scissors!"

Two hands, one slender and the other masculine, made a scissors sign while unfortunately, my long ones ended up opening up into paper sign, making me groan. We played the game of rock, paper, scissors whenever we went home together with the loser being the one to buy the drinks for us. Twice in a row, I've lost.

"No!" I shook my head, stamping my right foot and causing dust to rise. "It's not fair, jare. I can't sponsor the drinks today again."

"It's destiny, my dear. Destiny plays dirty tricks on us. Dirty tricks at that." Amara faked a pitiful expression, arms akimbo. "What can we do but accept, oh Kaira dear?"

With the wires in my head a centimetre away from snapping, I said, "Shut up. Just shut up because I feel like giving you a life changing slap right now."

"You know I won't let you do that." Daniel laughed. Due to my annoyed state it sounded like a fucking cackle.

"This is sheer bullying. I can't stand this anymore."

Daniel stifled a laughter, drawing closer to me. "Oya, don't cry. I'll buy the drinks today."

Yes, for God's sake!

I wiped fake tears from my eyes. "Thanks, Daniel. That's why you'll always be my Superman."

"Ehen? So what am I?" Amara chirped.

I had to hold back an eye roll. "Ehn, you're my Robin."

"You're mad, this girl."

"You wish." I stuck out my tongue.

"Wo, if you people should continue bickering, I'll just leave."

"Sorry, Dandan." Amara took his hand in hers.

I could cringe right now. "Dandan? What the hell."

"What?"

"Nevermind." I shook my head. "It seems he has an inkling for weird names."

"Yeah, whatever." Daniel sighed.

Even if his voice sounded stiff, his lips hinted a warm smile as we strolled to a nearby supermarket. Indeed, even if my two best friends annoyed the hell outta me sometimes, I do cherish the friendship we share.

I know it's been a while but here it is! I present to you, an update *looks around nervously*

Any favourite character so far?

Well, this is only the beginning don't worry (hehehe) there's still a lot to come in this story. In fact the story neva start at all (hasn't started yet)

So, please stay with me as the story unfolds,😭❤️

Please vote, comment and share to your friends!