Razzius ran hard in the amber evening hours, gasping deep for air as he leapt over a rubble pile in the open field just outside of Haile. He looked back for just a moment and saw Fillip Arcel Galexia and his two cohorts not far behind.

Fillip smiled, pumping his arms harder and harder as he made ground on Razzius. He pointed ahead and nodded to both of his friends. "Pincer him, boys!" His two friends broke off as Fillip leapt over a box of vegetables, slid under a covered wagon and returned to the chase.

The four tore through the streets of Haile, their paths eventually going to converge. Razzius looked back and saw Fillip whip around a corner and bare down on him like a hungry coyote. Razzius was fast but somehow, someway, Fillip was faster.

"Watch it!" a mysterious voice called. Razzius looked in front of him but it was too late.

BAM!

Razzius and Lawrence Sanctus collided at full speed. The two fell to the ground in a heap. The world fell to chaos as the two tried to catch their breath and get their bearings. Lawrence shoved Razzius away and scrambled just to get to his knees. "The hells was that?" He looked around, still shocked and noticed Fillip and crew converging on them.

Benni grabbed Lawrence by the arm and helped him to his feet. "You alright?"

Lawrence nodded. "Aye."

"Oi!" Fillip called after Razzius. "The matter, Razzius? Need some friends to help you out?" He slapped at Razzius' head. "Little queer!" He slapped him again.

"Stop that, please," Lawrence spoke calmly. He didn't much care for it. He had seen grown men do this to dogs and slaves. He certainly didn't understand why Razzius was being treated this way. "It's quite unnecessary."

Fillip rolled his eyes. "It's quite unnecessary," he mimicked Lawrence's voice, making sure to add a whiny inflection. "Are all of you poor sods the same?"

In an instant, a heartbeat, a blink, Benni stepped forward and caught Fillip across the right side of his face with a hard, right hook.

Fillip fell to the ground, stunned.

The world around them seemed to fall silent. Razzius, Lawrence and Fillip's cohorts looked on in complete shock.

"Y-y-you scum! You earthworm! You horse's ass!" Fillip bellowed. "Just wait until my daddy finds out!" He stood, a false bravado coming over him. He stuck his index finger hard against Benni's chest. "I'll have you-"

Lawrence hit Fillip hard against the left side of the face and again the boy collapsed in a heap. "Sod off, prick!"

Fillip's cohorts moved quickly and helped him to his feet. "Come on, my Lord," one spoke. "Let's get you home." The duo helped lead Fillip away from the altercation.

Fillip smiled at Benni and Lawrence. "Oh I'm going to get you both," he grumbled, spitting some blood on the ground. "Mark my words, boys."

Benni held his fist in the air. "Any time you need a swift kick in the arse, just come find Benjamin Wakewood!"

"You damn fool!" Razzius scolded. "Do not give that vile bastard your name! You've no idea who that is!"

Benni shrugged it off. "And he knows who I am as well. I care not for fancy titles or inherited riches. He can kiss the darkest crack of my arse."

Lawrence rolled his eyes a bit to Razzius and then offered his hand to the young man. "Lawrence Sanctus, friend. Who are you?"

Razzius cautiously accepted Lawrence's hand and help, then stood. "Razzius Grimm," he answered. "Son of Wyrn and Veline Grimm. Thanks for the help." He motioned to Benni and Lawrence. "Friends?"