Vol 1: Chapter 19

I hear my walkie go off

I hear my walkie go off. I thought I left it in the car but apparently I didn't. "THEY KNOW ABOUT ELEVEN!" Lucas says statically. "Who was that?" Steve says. "Shush." I say pulling the walkie out and pulling the antenna out. "Lucas is that you?" I say. "JOSIE! WE NEED YOU THE BAD MEN THEY KNOW!" Lucas yells. "LUCAS WHERE ARE YOU!" Dustin yells. "CORNWALLIS! MEET ME AT ELM AND CHERRY." Lucas yells. "Steve go to elm and Cherry!" I say and he turns the corner quickly."JOSIE! THERE LOOKING FOR ELEVEN!" Lucas says as I pull up to the street. "Why is Steve with you?" Dustin says as he pulls up into the street. "Does it matter? The bad men!" Mike yells and I go to a random persons front garden and steals a bike. "BYE STEVE!" I say following the kids. "El are you alright?" I say and she nods, panicking. "JOSIE WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING?" Steve yells as we pedal further away. "FUCK LOOK AT THEM VANS!" I say as they turn the corner, almost crashing into Steve. "Bad men." Eleven says as one turns to the corner in-front of us.

"Shit shit shit!" Dustin says as we try to turn back, we're cornered. "GO GO GO GO!" Mike yells and the van suddenly flips over us, landing on the van behind. "HOLY SHIT!" Lucas yells. "Did you see what she did to that van?" Dustin says pedalling next to me. "No Dustin we missed it." I say sarcastically. "Wow that was-" Mike starts. "Awesome!" Lucas says getting a smile from El. We turn another corner and end up in the junkyard. "Hey El-Everything I said about you being a traitor and stuff... I was wrong. I'm sorry. Friends?" Lucas says holding his hand out to her, she shakes it. "I'm sorry too." She says and they smile. "Me too." Mike says and they hug. "El are you alright? Are you hurt? Where were you?" I say going up to her and checking her arms and face for cuts. "I'm okay." She says and I hug her. "Okay guys we need to find this gate. We need to find will." Dustin says pulling the map out. "The gates?" I say confused. "Will is trapped in the upside down. You can get into it using the gate. Keep up." Mike says as they all crowd around the map. "It's gotta be in the lab." Lucas says pointing at it on the map. "Well who owns the lab?" Mike says and they all look confused. "The military," I say. "Then why does it say energy?" Dustin says. "My dad says it's military." Mike says and i nod. "Do they make light bulbs or something?" Lucas says. "No weapons." I say and they urge me to carry on. "To fight the Russians." I say and Lucas looks scared. "Oh Jesus this is bad." He says getting up. "That place is like a fortress!" Dustin says and Mike shushes us. "Do you hear that?" He says as we see a helicopter in the distance. "PUT YOUR BIKES UNDER THE BUS!" I yell and we run to the bus. "Fuck the door is stuck!" I yell and Lucas runs to help me. "Thanks." I say as we get it open.

"GET DOWN!" Mike yells and we all crouch on the floor. "Fuck my life, why did I have to run into you guys in the fucking road. Now I'm a wanted woman, more than I was before!" I say stressing. "You think we wanted this?" Dustin says and we hear a walkie going off. "Mike are you there? Mike?" A voice says, Mike Pulls a walkie out of his backpack. "Mike are you there?" Nancy says. "Is that your sister?" Lucas says. "This is an emergency Mike! Do you copy?" She says. He goes to answer and I shush him. "Don't answer!" I say and he looks annoyed. "Why?" He says and Lucas explains for me. "She might have been kidnapped by the bad men and forced her to say this!" He says. "I need to answer!" He says "It's like Lando Calrissian. Don't answer. " Dustin says. "We need to know that your there Mike." Nancy says and it goes silent. "Is she gone?" Dustin says.

"Listen, kid, this is the chief. If you're there, pick up.
We know you're in trouble and we know about the girl." Hopper says, how the fuck does he know?
"Why is she with the chief?" Lucas says. "How the hell does he know about..." Dustin says before hopper talks again. "We can protect you, we can help you, but you gotta pick up. Are you there? Do you copy? Over. " he says. "Give it to me." I say. "We copy, it's Josie." I say and it goes silent. "Who's with you?" Hopper says. "Mike, Dustin, Lucas and Eleven." I say. "Who's eleven?" Nancy says. "She's the girl." I say. "Where are you." He says. "Shush he might be setting us up!" Dustin says. "Nancy maybe, but the chief?" Lucas says and Mike looks annoyed. "Shut up." I say. "We're at the stoner junkyard, the one near elm and cherry". I say and they all look at me annoyed. "On our way." He says and it cuts off. "Lando Calrissian." Dustin says shaking his head. "Would you shut up about Lando?" Mike says "I don't feel good about this. I don't feel good about this!" Dustin yells making El jump. "When do you feel good about anything?" Lucas yells back. "Shut the fuck up both of you!" I say as El comes over to me. "You alright?" I say hugging her. She nods. "Fuck cars!" Mike says and they all duck. "Shit shit shit!" Lucas says. "LANDO!" Dustin whispers aggressively. "You think they saw us?" Mike says as the door opens. "HEY!" A male voice says. "Fuck we're going to die." I whisper hugging El closer. "What the-" the voice says as he approaches us. "Oh thank fuck!" I say as I see that it's hopper.