Chapter 2

TW: The use of a lighter

The group began to walk through the hallway. "Search the drawers. Sometimes, medical supplies or stuff you can light a dark room with. Like a flashlight or a lighter," Anzu said.

Otori went over to a dresser and searched the drawers. She found a small box of bandaids. "Hey! Look!" she said.

"Those will come in handy," Anzu said. Otori then noticed a few bandaids on his arms, neck, and stomach.

"You're hurt!" Otori said.

Anzu shrugged. "It's not that much. Just a few spider bites," he said.

Otori rushed over to him. "You poor thing! A-Are they infected?" she asked.

Anzu had an annoyed expression on his face. "I know for a fact that they're not. They're only spider bites," he said. Suddenly, he gave her a creepy smile. "If anything, you might get bitten by one as well!" he said.

Otori whimpered softly, and Hisashi stepped in. "What the hell is your problem?!" he asked.

"Relax, I'm just trying to lighten the mood," Anzu said.

"By scaring Otori?"

"You don't even know her. Why are you acting so protective?" Anzu asked.

"Maybe because creeps like YOU are making her feel WORSE about this whole situation!"

The two of them were glaring at each other until Yasuko stepped in. "Girls, girls. You're both pretty, can we stop fighting and look at what I found?" he asked.

The two of them looked down and saw that Yasuko had a lighter in his hands. "Good catch. Those are pretty hard to find," Anzu said.

"All I found were some weird coins," Kiyoto said, holding three gold coins in his hand.

"Those might be valuable. Keep them in your pocket," Anzu said, walking over to the door and turning the knob. It led up to a different hallway. This one had bookshelves and closets in it, and there were also many lights on the walls. There was also a staircase that led up to another floor. There was another door in front of them, but it was boarded up. "Don't worry about that one. The real door is upstairs," Anzu said, searching some drawers and finding a flashlight. "Ah, this is perfect."

"Why do we need flashlights and stuff anyway?" Kiyoto asked.

"Some of the halls are dark," Anzu said. "So dark that you can't even see your hand in front of your face."

Kiyoto gulped as the group headed up the stairs. He was filled with fear already, and the fact that some rooms were dark made it even worse. Once the group got to the top, Anzu pointed to a door with numbers that said "0003."

"That's the door," Anzu said. He led everyone to the door and opened it. Inside was a very cluttered hallway with objects blocking the passageway to the door.

"What? It's blocked!" Yasuko exclaimed. "How the hell are we gonna get through all of that mess?"

Anzu walked over to a small glass room within the hallway and opened the doors. "Through here," he said.

Everyone walked into the room and found a desk with papers on it. "Let me just check these drawers. Then I'll show you guys how to make it around to the door," Anzu said, checking the drawers. He found some more weird coins, as well as a lighter. "Who wants it?" he asked.

"I'll take it," Hisashi said, outstretching his hand.

"Eh, you haven't been too nice to me," Anzu said. He turned to Otori. "You want it?"