Type Of Creatures In This Story

Type A Werewolf aka Children Of The Moon

The Children of the Moon, also known as werewolves, are human beings that at night and during the fullest phase of the moon transform into fearsome feral wolf-like creatures.

Werewolves, unlike shape-shifters, have the strength and power to kill a vampire single-handedly. Their strength coupled with their inability to control the shift into their wolf forms makes them extremely dangerous and results in many vampires fearing them.

This fear leads to the Volturi nearly eradicating all werewolves from Europe and Asia.

Type B Werewolf

Type B Werewolf is a type of shapeshifting creature that was created by Zeus who cursed a man named Lycaon along with his fifty sons turning them into werewolves due to Lyacon tricking Zeus into eating human flesh,

Lycaon and his sons sought out the Druid, as they were rumored to have a gift for shapeshifting and Lycaon hoped that they could help them undo the curse.

Though the Druids were unable to remove the curse, they were able to help Lycaon and his sons shift back and forth from human form to Werewolf form.

Due to their assistance, some Druids elected to work with Werewolf packs, helping them maintain their humanity and guiding them through their lives as lycanthropes, which led them to become called Emissaries.

It is unknown if this legend is actually true or if it is simply a work of fiction, but regardless, Druid Emissaries continue to act as advisers to Alphas and their packs in real life to this day, though in most cases, only the Alpha knows who the Emissary is.

Shape-Shifters

Shape-shifters, often mistaken as Type A Werewolves, are descended from the ancient spirit warriors of the Quileute tribe. Back then, warriors and chiefs could leave their bodies and wander as spirits, communicate with animals, and hear each other's thoughts.

However, a change impacted the tribe members hugely during Taha Aki's leadership and permanently changed their powers to shape-shifting into giant wolves.

When a member of the current generation comes across the scent of vampires, his physique will build before he phases for the first time. Shape-shifters of the Quileute tribe are also called Quileute wolves.

Vampires

The origin of vampires remains a mystery. In the Twilight Universe, vampires deviate from traditional myth; a fact often referenced in the series, usually for humor.

For example, all vampires have refined and perfected physical features (including their scent and voice), allowing them to lure in prey.

Their skin is flawless and textured with a marble-like substance much harder and stronger than granite.

Due to the crystalline properties of their cells, when a vampire is exposed to sunlight, their body will sparkle like diamonds.

For vampires who feed on human blood, their eyes reflect a deep red, as opposed to those who drink animal blood, whose eyes will reflect a medium gold color.

Vampires also possess superhuman powers, such as speed and strength.

They also have incredibly keen senses and can hear for miles and see in total darkness.

Vampires are indeed immortal unless destroyed. Unable to sleep, they spend all days and nights awake.

After transformation, a few vampires show special abilities such as foresight or telepathy, usually a prominent personality or physical trait magnified from their human life.

Most of them, however, do not. Vampires are unharmed by garlic, holy items, or wooden stakes; they have reflections and shadows and can walk freely in the sunlight without being physically damaged by it.

Date Published: 2/7/2024