"Fucking kevin.."

You were in hunter's room on a Saturday afternoon, you were sat on his bed playing guitar while he was stood in front of his amps messing with the settings. You sigh under your breath and slide your hand across your guitar.

"You good?" He says.

"Yeah I just can't get this riff and its pissing me off im having trouble switching from the 5th fret to the 8th fret quickly its hard, not to mention my hands really hurt"

"You wanna put the guitars down for a bit? we got a while till Kevin's here we can just lisen to music and relax if you want?"

"Yeah that sounds good you still have that extra hook for me to use right?"

"Yeah of course" Hunter says moving his amps over revealing a guitar hook.

You put you guitar on the hook and sat back down on Hunter's bed crossed legged. He hangs his up too and sits beside you closer than usual but you brush it off, He pulls up his Bluetooth menu and connects to his speakers.

You and him had made a playlist together when you last hung out, You had been listening to the playlist on your own but you didn't know that he was listening to it too. He puts the playlist on and smiles.

He turns down the speaker just so it's background noise and puts his phone down while getting more comfy of the bed.

"Soooo what now.?"

"WAIT! give me sec.."

Hunter said jumping off the bed grabbing a box from under his bed. He pulls out a box of all his dnd shit dice, books, figures, he had everything.

"Okay check this shit out." Hunter says while signaling for you to come sit with him.

You sit down next to him as he pulls out a book.

"Okay so you know the basics of dnd right? "

"Mhm"

"Okay so this book is for the dungeon master oh and I uh these are my dice so there D20s, D12s, D10s, D8s, D6 and D4
Now-"

Hunters voice turns into just a mumble in the back of your head as you zone out staring at how genuine he looks showing you his dnd stuff, you always loved seeing him like this. Hes not angry or upset but hes so content in what hes doing your heart flushes as you rember how much you really do like hunter. He turns his head and your eyes meet, you just stare into his eyes

You both pull into a lean for a kiss. Hunter grabs the side your your face while the tension built. Was this really gonna happend? Am I going to kiss my best friend-? It's all felt unreal you were so close to him.

Just as you to were just about to kiss a fumbling Kevin comes down the stairs. You both jump off each other as Kevin stands beside the stairs and put the dots together.

"WAIT WERE YOU GOING TO KISS?!?? OMG WAIT FINALLY I TOLD YOU HE LIKED YOU!!!"

you stood up along with hunter and flipped kevin off while glancing at Hunter. His face was just as flushed as mine

"O0O0O0oooO Someone's staying the nightttttt"

Kevin says while you grab your sweater from the bed and out it on. You walk up the stairs, out the door and sit on the curb next to hunter's car. You open your phone ext Emily

"Yo ik your practicing but we gotta talk i need help asap"

You send the text and stare at it for awhile, she's not gonna answer she said she's really busy but might as well try. Your face feels bright and hot.

i wished we kissed. I've liked hunter forever and I've been telling Kevin that recently hunter's been more flirty I didn't know he really felt like this..