Chapter 2

After you had gotten yourself out of bed you encouraged the cat finding his way to the kitchen while you would go brush your teeth and freshen up a little. When you had brushed your teeth and washed your face you made your way to the kitchen where your companion was waiting. The cat was seated on the counter next to the fridge waiting patiently for you to make your way there and start making him something to eat. When you got closer you examined the cat's appearance more now in daylight. You tested his fur and realized that the crimson color seemed to be his natural fur color. His scars looked old as well so they weren't freshy done.

"Is there something special you want for breakfast? I don't have a lot of breakfast ingredients in the fridge or any cat food either,'' you questioned the cat but he just shook his head for an answer, looking almost disgusted when you mentioned cat food. You opened the fridge and scanned what you had there. "Hmm I guess I can make some eggs for you?" You asked him and for an answer he slightly nodded. Now that you think of it this cat seemed to understand you abnormally much, even answering your questions by his body language. He sure was an intelligent cat and he didn't look like the most normal cat either. "Aren't you kinda an odd one," you murmured quietly with an amused smile, stroking his head while he leaned into your touch, purring.

You got a pan and put it on the stove before oiling it and cracking the eggs on it. You started frying the eggs on the pan a couple minutes, the cat watching your cooking curiously while sometimes taking glances at your face. You settled the ready eggs on a plate and placed it on the dining table where the cat followed you. He took a seat on the chair that you pulled out for him, placing his front paws on the table to reach out for the plate. You got a glass from the cabinet and took a latte from the fridge while taking a seat on the opposite side of the table from the cat.

He looked from his munching at you confused while you poured some latte into your glass. "I don't really have an appetite yet," you answered to the cat reading the unsaid question from his face. "Would you like something to drink yourself?"

The cat turned to look at the kitchen and turned back while pointing at the latte carton. He wanted coffee? Well too bad because you didn't have a coffee maker at the moment. You didn't drink actual coffee because it tasted like bio garbage. Not to mention tea that tasted like tasteless water but ice tea was an exception of course. Carton latte from the store worked as the best drink to wake you up with not too much sweetness or sourness and served cold of course.

You stood up and went to get a small bowl where the cat could drink some latte from, what you would offer him now that you didn't have his preferred drink. You replaced the plate that was already empty with the bowl and poured some latte into it. After that you went to place the plate on the sink while going back to your seat. You drank some of your latte while watching the cat cutely licking his drink from the bowl.

"I'm not serving you more today kitty," you muttered while yawning in your hand and rubbing your eyes, feeling tired already. The cat paused and looked at you from his sippings. "I'm starting to feel sleep deprivation already weighing," you sighed and lazily started stretching your hands in the air. "By the way, even if you had a previous owner somewhere waiting for you, I think I'm taking you to live with me. They clearly can't take good care of you or keep you anywhere near safe."

~

Shanks had planned to escape soon after the breakfast, but it had been delayed a bit by you claiming him as your new pet cat. He didn't have that busy schedule for today, but it was clear that he should get out before you got too attached to your new kitty as you liked to call him. The headache he was feeling from the bump on the back of his head also made him want to lay low the day. He wondered where he got the bump, but maybe the horrible hangover he was having was the explanation for it.

Now he was in your lap while you petted him affectionately and talked about how cute and soft he was. He would have to act like your pet cat for a while before you let him out of your sight when he could finally make his escape. But the pettings and affection that you gave now were not unwanted at all and he decided to enjoy the time in your care.

"I will do anything for you cutie, I know you must have some trauma from your old owner but I will protect you from anything," you murmured to the cat while scratching him behind both of his ears. He just laid eyes closed in your lap purring from the massages you gave him and for his aching head. "Hmm, but I should really get some cat stuff for you," you thought and went back to massaging the cat's temples.

"I do have some stuff in my storage, but I wouldn't really want to stand up yet," you said while laying down on the couch on your back with the cat still in your lap. You scooped him to lay closer to your face partly on your stomach and chest. When the cat was close enough you kissed both his cheeks and smiled warmly at his close proximity. "You are just too cute and adorable for your own good."

The cat just purred more loudly to you while resting his head down and gazing at your face tiredly. Maybe Shanks would have one lazy day with you and his hangover before he would find a way out here. You turned to reach out to get the remote from ground and turned the television on and went to the site where you could continue to watch yesterday's show where you still had a couple seasons to watch, before you should have a crisis over what to watch, even if your plan to watch list still remained long and untouched. When you got the show on, the cat nuzzled his head on your neck while purring contentedly before closing his eyes and going for a nap.