🧡

*Ding Dong*

Elle rang the doorbell of the big house in front of her. With her were Tao, Isaac and of course Charlie. It was exactly 7 o'clock when an auburn-haired young man opened the door.

"Hey guys!" he greeted happily. "Good to see you. Come in." Nick's hair was still a bit moist and messy, probably because he had just taken a shower after his rugby training.

When Nick had invited them in, Elle, Tao and Isaac were staring around them in awe. The Nelson's family's home looked beautiful. If only the hallway looked this fancy, they didn't want to know what was behind the all the doors.

When everyone was taking their shoes off, Nick walked to Charlie to greet him properly. "Hey," they said in unison while grasping each other's hands. They were both smiling like idiots.

"Aww," Tao exclaimed. "As if they haven't seen each other in one day! Oh, wait... They haven't."

Elle nudged him and made a sign to just let them be. "We'll be leaving in three hours, I'm sure you'll be able to endure."

Tao smirked. "Of course. I'm happy for him."

~~

One hour later the group was sitting on the floor of Nick's bedroom, watching a film. The floor was covered in pillows and stuffed animals, which were all Isaac's. He always took care of the right atmosphere and made sure everyone was cosy.

Besides the cushions and dolls, there was a huge bowl of popcorn in their midst. Without realising, Charlie and Nick's hands travelled to the bowl at the same time. Their fingers touched, and they looked at each other. Charlie smiled and Nick smiled back. Instead of grabbing popcorn, the latter secretly grabbed Charlie's hand and placed it in his lap. Throughout the film they kept stroking each other's skin. Fortunately, the pillows did a good job hiding their intertwined fingers.

After a while, Charlie suddenly noticed how surprisingly quiet Tao and Elle had been. He was used to them joking around and giggling the whole night. He had also never thought they would pick a romantic film, since they generally hated them. Maybe they just tried to behave, Charlie guessed. Regardless of what they were thinking, Charlie must admit that watching a romantic movie like this wasn't so bad.

Half an hour later, the film had ended and Nick let go of Charlie's hand. "Shall we make up our beds?" he suggested, but there was a suspicious silence.

"Eh, sorry guys, I have an extra dance practice tomorrow morning. I forgot to tell you, but I cannot stay," Elle said apologetically.

"Ahh, too bad, Elle. But no worries, we understand," Nick smiled. "Tao and Isaac, I put your things on the chair in the hallway downstairs. Shall I get them for you?"

Tao bit his lip. "My mom doesn't allow me to stay..." he said while obviously repressing a grin.

"What about you, Isaac?" Charlie asked. "I'm homesick."

Charlie let out a small sigh. "That's right, I forgot."

"Well, I guess I'm seeing you off, then?" Nick asked the group, feeling a bit taken aback.

"Hey, don't look at Charlie! He's staying," Tao exclaimed sternly, looking at his friend with big eyes.

Charlie opened his mouth to speak but couldn't utter a word. He looked at Elle and Isaac, who gave him an encouraging smile.